Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Any runners/walkers any level?
    Could use some training buddies and motivation here Running an 8k in a couple weeks...

Affiliate Manager
    Nice, Carolyn.

I run regularly. I just ran 10K over here in Orlando. It was hot as hell too.

Chicago is a little far for me but I can run with you virtually.

Internet Cowboy
    I only run when Carolyn is chasing me with a stick!!!

I do walk though. 3 or 4 miles a day most weekdays in an effort to lose my post-smoking weight I have gained. My new iPod that I won through the Village Hat Store promotion is my new best friend on my walks.

Keep those runs going CT. They keep you young and your mind sound

Was hoping to do a weekly goal...you know...like there are three of us so far. Try to hit 25 miles total per week? Scoot, I done quit smokin' last Tuesday. I can already feel the difference in my lungs. JP, you are the bomb diggity...I forgot you were a runner! 10K is my goal for next year.

And I'm not chasing you with a stick, it's a can of beer. I have no idea why you runnin' from that.

I walk to the fridge a lot.
    Sometimes run to the bathroom.

kidding ... kinda.

Just started walking a few weeks ago. Thought about running but apparently it's gonna be baby steps.
    Been using the excuse of my old rugby and car accident injuries for too long.
    Started walking late this summer and while I'm still at a pathetic level, I can already see the difference. That out of breath/sweat pouring off my body/kill me stage from just walking across the street is now in the past. I actually find my body wanting to start running while I walk now. It's a brief, fleeting desire that is usually gone by the time I recognize what it is. Doing it in stages though just to be safe and so I don't keel over on the side of the road and start twitching.

I hate twitching.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I used to run a ton, but I have something that I think is spelled plantar fasciitis or something like that...my heel hurts a LOT when I try to run now, and I'm too lazy to get to the Dr.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Just started walking a few weeks ago. Thought about running but apparently it's gonna be baby steps.
    Yup, that's how I started too. I didn't start running until early last year, and I did it because I knew it'd whip my butt into shape. Now I realize, it's really about my emotional health too. Had a really frustrating day yesterday, so I hit the gym and pounded out 2 miles at a 10:00 pace (fast for me)...20 minutes later I felt better. Cheapest form of therapy out there.

Dang Joe, plantar sucks. Huge pain... A friend of mine had it, her doc referred her in for some kind of shock wave procedure, and she was cured within hours.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I used to run 20 - 25 miles a week when I was playing a lot of tennis. Did most of my running in the evening or the early hours of the morning. Always as special "rush" of energy for a few hours after a run. A leg injury halted that about 6 years ago, but I still run off pretty good with my mouth!!

CT, a big SUPER congratulations on your smoking cessation. What a great achievement. I am very happy for you. KEEP up the great work and do me a favor please.... Let me know from time to time how it is going, the urges and how you handle it etc etc.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

well ... since this thread I have done nothing.
    Walked to the store a couple of times and that's it.

Growl

How did your 8K go Carolyn?
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I run 3 miles a week usually. not too much more as it's bad for the connective tissues and hinders muscle growth.

Carolyn, if you need some help or pointers for your goals hit me up on my email and I'll shoot you a few pointers

There aren't too many things I would consider myself an "expert" at, but fitness and supplementation is one of them. I've lived it and studied it for over 10 years now, so I've learned a few things in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    How did your 8K go Carolyn?
    It was great! A PR for that distance for me, 53:21. That was my last event of the year, but already looking forward to next year. I tapered off the distance and now probably run about 6 miles a week. Re-started step and kickboxing classes for the cardio, and of course, weight training for those muscles. These days, it's more about cross-training.

Karomesis, any tips on keeping running form through the winter would be appreciated! Too cold in the Midwest to keep running outside, so I'm limited to a treadmill for the next four or five months On the plus side, my skis are already ready!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread