Question NASCAR drivers merchandise?
    it is possible to do a search in goldencan search box for names of NASCAR drivers but they do not show as items anywhere in the categories that I can see.

is there a way to make a page for an individual driver? and a way to see which drivers are listed in inventory?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    it is possible to do a search in goldencan search box for names of NASCAR drivers but they do not show as items anywhere in the categories that I can see.

is there a way to make a page for an individual driver? and a way to see which drivers are listed in inventory?
    Hi Herb,
    Manufacturer, Brand, Manufacturer Part Number, Category Name and Product Name are part of search text. You can search for a keyword from any of these values and it should return the result. If the driver name is available in the category, or product name then the search should return the results.

If Driver name is a category then you can also use the sub category store feature to create a store for that specific category.

If the driver name is not available in any of these fields but it exists in some other fields please let me know and I can have it added in the search terms or make a category name if possible.

When you create a search integration, click on the GetData link in advance options on the top and you will find the PHP code listed there. You can use this php code and use any keyword to display the search results of that keyword on your website.

drivers or driver names are not categories, unfortunately.

there should be a category for drivers' names but it doesn't seem to exist. NASCAR.com should add them to the datafeed.

>>>When you create a search integration, click on the GetData link in advance options on the top and you will find the PHP code listed there. You can use this php code and use any keyword to display the search results of that keyword on your website.<<<

I'll try that; getDATA doesn't seem to be working for me right now for some reason.

Mr. GoldenCan
    I'll try that; getDATA doesn't seem to be working for me right now for some reason.
    Please email me what problem you have using GetData and i will work with you to make sure you can take advantage of the new features. we have users who are using GetData features and generating over 50,000 page views a day and thousands of click. I am sure they are making a lot of money also

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If you think Sony, Panasonic, Disney are draconian on their Trademarks and brands they are no where near as anal as NASCAR race teams. Famous race drivers are registered trademarks and the whole NASCAR industry and their team sponsorship is based upon trademark advertising... period.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    If you think Sony, Panasonic, Disney are draconian on their Trademarks and brands they are no where near as anal as NASCAR race teams. Famous race drivers are registered trademarks and the whole NASCAR industry and their team sponsorship is based upon trademark advertising... period.
    that's what licensing is for . . .

the funny part of all this is, links I initially made using curl are working but I can't make new links work using it.

Question

the funny part of all this is, links I initially made using curl are working but I can't make new links work using it.
    so now I discover there has been a change in code that was a factor.

So, in order to run unmodified code from GetDATA, do I have to turn on allow_url_fopen on my servers?

Or is that even a factor in my problem?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread