Do any of you have hotel reservation sites? We are looking for a short stay in or near Gurnee Mills Illinois or Near the six flags theme park.

I'll use your link

This is your chance to get rid of me for a couple of days folks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder,
    My wife has connections at a hotel outside of Washington DC. I can have her 'talk to her people' and see if we can save you some money. I can't promise anything, but I can inquire. Unfortunately, that would mean somebody wouldn't make a commish on it.

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: TH Media ]

Nah, that's okay Tom.

I'm not really looking to save money I just thought someone would either

A. Want to have me gone for a couple days
    or

B. Want to make a commission [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Gotcha.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Just so happens, a friend of mine stayed at the Holiday Inn near Six Flags in Illinois last year , and she said it was nice . Kids eat free at all Holiday Inns , so that helps, and they have a 2nd night at 50 % off deal going on right now, so you may want to check it out :

Link to Gurnee Holiday Inn Info : http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h...anchisee=CHIWG

Link to the 2nd. night 50% off deal page : http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h...te=save50.html

There is also a HUGE outlet mall across from the Holiday Inn, and I even found your wife a printable $10 off $100 coupon. If you do go there, you KNOW your wife will want to shop, right ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Coupon :
    http://www.vffo.com/coupon.htm

Whatever you do, enjoy the family time !

Lisa

If you are going to go to the theme park go during the weekdays. I know that is the assumption everyone has but believe me as I used to live not to far from there and had season tickets the weekends are terrible. There is nothing like waiting in 2 or 3 hour lines for 1 roller coaster. uggh!!

ABW Ambassador
    This is really the way to go. Find out if there is a city nearby that has an entertainment book.

They are only $10 now or avoid my affiliate id and go to http://www.entertainment.com

The book not only has restaurant discounts but also includes hotel discounts. The hotels available are not limited to the city you purchase the book for. You can check out the coupons for whatever city online before you buy it.

But even using that, when you call or at the hotel always ask for the best rate available. It sounds stupid but it works. I don't think I have ever paid the standard rate at a hotel.

Chet

Sorry cant help you, but will miss you so please take your laptop and phone.

Next, if you every fly into Glasgow (Scotland) I am sure I can get you a cheap fair from the airport to the City.

regards John

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for that link chet! I just got my second 2002 book for just $10!

Now I can use all the best coupons all over again!

Heyder,

That Six Flags is a blast! Make sure you ride "Shockwave", the best coaster in Illinois! I don't know how familiar you are with that area or where you are from but it is fun up there. A lot of good places to shop and things to do. For the life of me I can't remember where we stayed at though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Have a great time!

Core

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread