Hey all...I've received quite a few emails and PMs about the W9 request...so here is some more info though most of it is posted in your account....

Even if you have, in the past, submitted tax forms - we need to get an updated W9 from you are required by the IRS. When it comes to tax forms I don't like these any more than you do - remember, I have to keep track of all of them as they come in!!

IRS regulations include the necessary "re"validating information from time to time and it is our time so while I realize it is difficult and a pain to have to fill out the form it is something that we need you all to do so that we can put this behind us and move forward. I wish there was something I could do but this isn't up to me, it is an IRS regulation.

This applies to all affiliates... US, International, those who have been paid in the past, those who haven't, etc... there are different forms and the appropriate form should be showing in your account in terms of US v. International, etc...

As for current payments, they are not affected. We are still paying all of you just as normal as we have most of your important tax information on file already and have been sending you tax forms for many years...this is just a reverification of that information in writing which, again, is something that is being regulated by the IRS.

Sorry for the trouble, again - I wish there was something I could do to convince the IRS that this is a pointless task for all of us... but alas I cannot ....

I realize also that our poor fax machine which doesn't normally have to work as hard as it has been, is occasionally busy - if you prefer to email your signed document that is fine. Please make sure to put your ShareASale userID on the form so that we can check you off the list and take the notice off of your account.