Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Snow Way!!
    Well, yesterday it was 72 and sunny. Today it started snowing (up here in the mountains) and now it's coming down major big!! (is that like gargantuan huge?)

We're forecast to get 10 - 15" of the white stuff today and tomorrow here at 8200 feet. Higher up (the ski areas!! may get as much as 2 - 3 feet!! Of course, Monday it goes back to the low seventies.

Gotta hook up the plow blade on the truck and get the coffee going - tonight I become "Plow Man"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I'm with ya.. we've had a couple of significant snow events already and today it's socked right in (we have around 6 inches outside right now) as I type. I'm all for tons of snow in the winter but I like to ease into it

Ohhh!! I'd love a good snow day!

Nothing like waking up to the white stuff, starting up the fireplace, and settling in on the couch to watch the tv....

Only to find out, that every channel has been overtaken by local network news.

Gotta love us folks in the pacific NW who freak out when the temp goes below freezing!

I am ready for sweater weather! Bring it on.

Although i did see the extended forcast for Portland, its supposed to be in the upper 70's this weekend.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    Snow! The evil scourge!

Not only is it miserably cold and rotten in its own right, people can't plant bulbs when their gardens have that frozen junk all over them.

Even MI's 63 is TOO DARNED COLD! I'd hate to have it able to snow when it's not even FALL yet!

Ooh, im gonna venture to say that snow days in Oregon are a bit tamer than where you are!!

Tax Paying Member
    I have experienced Denver and Estees Park in the snow. I have experienced the The California Mountains in the snow. I have been snowed on at the Grand Canyon, both rims.........................I have even seen snow here at home...............

Today, shirt sleeve weather, cutting the grass, working in the yard............Sipping a little something..................Weather is perfect.................Just the way it was meant to be.

Speaking of paradise.................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

i like it ,white,and light....

ABW Ambassador
    Hopefully I see some snow this year. Last couple of nights it got down into the 40's, was nice.

Yep, it's 12:38 am here right now and I just looked outside to see what's up. Sure enough, the snow is now covering the deck and land around the ranch. The trees are going to be beautiful in the morning with the snow highlighting the pines and aspens. I love this kind of snow because it is here today, and then Sunday it is 65 degrees and sunny again. Then next week in the mid 70's!! perfect golf weather....

Trust - BTW where are you located? Do you normally get snow there each year?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Now we're talkin!
    Quote Originally Posted by icelts
    i like it ,white,and light....
    Yep icelts, you mean like...

BTW I always love seeing Leader come in to snow threads and rant!! We've gone back and forth on love snow/hate snow posts for a while now

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Everybody should move to Florida
    the sun is always shinning and it is in the 90'

we get snow once in a blue moon and hurricanes every other moon

Florida
    I do live in Florida for four months each winter, but not because I want to get away from the winter - because I want to fish the back bays of Charlotte harbor when it is not too hot to take. Love it that time of year down there. Also love the changing of seasons I get to have here in my lil paradise.

What more could I ask for..... the mountains, trout fishing, and the big game living all around us for eight months and then mid seventies - mid 80's, the Gulf, and great salt water fishing four months a year!!

Alan, You have the best of both worlds.
    Give me a buzz if you are passing through here. Lunch/dinner is on me

I'm always up for lunch or dinner on the water.

i m in orlando...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Alan,

My wife and I took a hike yesterday to the snow line about 9000 feet. We live at 6500, have had two snows already. The kids built a snowman when we got 2 inches a few weeks ago. It melted the next day so my six year old used it for sword practice. I am on the Wasatch range East of Salt Lake City while Gary is on the Unitas about 20 miles East of me.

Chuck I hear ya!! We live at 8200 ft so it has been rather cool the past few nights. But day time is great - sunny and in the 60's the last two days. As you know, at elevation, sunny and 60 feels like 80 at lower elevations.

Yeah, our ski areas have gotten at least 6 - 7 snows the past 10 days - so A-Basin, Loveland and / or Keystone may be open by early October. Today we are back into the low seventies and this week is forecast as 70 - 75 & sunny. So back to the golf and fishing game!!

Hiking is a ball. Hiking the "forteeners" (14,000+ ft) is a big goal for many here. Used to do a lot of that kind of stuff myself, but now my hiking usually involves getting to a stream or beaver pond where cutthroats and brookies can make my day. Hope you had a great time with the spouse Chuck!

Cheers

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Alan I am halfway jealous of your beautiful surroundings. The other half is thankful I still have another month of solid golf weather.

It has rained buckets here lately, so it was a slog, but how can you beat 76 degrees with a 10 MPH breeze and sunny. What a relaxing day on the links!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

http and a telephoto
    I like knowing I *won't* see snow this year.... Although it did snow in the valley when I was here in March... I was accused of bringing it in my suitcase... lol...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Alan,

You're preaching to the chior as I moved from Fort Collins Colorado a year ago and lived there since 1998. Have skied Loveland, Keystone, A-Basin and Winter Park also hunted the north central mountains, rode Estes Park and the Rawah Wilderness on horseback.

I am in a resort town off an interstate so always have an escape route, sounds like you are in the thick of it.

I hear ya Chuck. Ft. Collins is a great little city. Our oldest son and his wife (who just had our baby grandson Monday) are CSU alumni.

My wife and I moved here in 71 - six months after my tour in the Marines was up and it has always been home.

Matty - Loxxy. I hear you too!! Though we no longer live here all winter, I do enjoy the first couple months of snow or brisk temps, the crackling fire, the seclusion and quiet up here in the "hills" - Thanksgiving & Christmas with the family. A nice Daz Bog Mocha with Ghirardelli chocolate and a hint of mint... yum! Life is like a box of chocolates.... You can't leave em in the heat for too long, and you don't want to freeze em, so you keep moving!! That's all I have to say about that.....

Later Gang - It's time for bed.
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; September 25th, 2006 at 12:32 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Life is like a box of chocolates.... You can't leave em in the heat for too long,
    Sure you can.

HOT Chocolate, and HOT fudge.
    But once chocolate's been hot, if it gets cold again, it turns all chalky from pining away for the heat...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    BTW I always love seeing Leader come in to snow threads and rant!! We've gone back and forth on love snow/hate snow posts for a while now
    Take a trip to a state with some real weather (I suggest FL), and once you thaw out you'll realize how much nicer the heat is
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Leader, you don't know what you have up there. Find someone you don't like and nail them with a snowball. Grab a sled and find a hill. That's fun stuff I've lived in the extremes (kind of) Orlando for many years, hot all the time. Upstate NY, near the Canadian border for 1 year. Too much snow, loved it for about a month. Now I like 4 seasons, hot in the summer, cold in the winter kind of deal.

Well, I have been known to set up snowballs outside my (screenless) window, and chuck 'em at convenient times--from the comfort of my chair inside the warm house.

But *gasp* go OUT in it? "Fun???"
    LOLOLOL Maybe if I was 10...

What'd be FUN is to be in a nice hot state, watching the freeways ice up...on Weather.com.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread