Current recommendations
    Hi All

Now that it looks like I need to give affordablehost the old heaveho does
    anyone any have any current suggestions for hosting that is reliable with support that works.

I have seen bluehost and fastnet suggested recently and from their websites they seem to affer what I want in the way of bandwith , space, Php,mysql, cpanel(or similar) etc etc and at a sensible price.

Thanks
    Les

What are your requirements for disk space, bandwidth, email, add-on domains, multiple accounts, monthly price, do you mind long term contracts, etc...?

After my experiences with affordablehost I don't want to go for more thana year at a time.

Even if some has superb support today there is not guarantee that they will not get bought out in six months time and the service and the support may or may not be as good.

Band width is a bit academic these day as my traffic is back down to where it was in 2002, so I am far more interested in service, support and facilities. If I get a bandwith issue further down the road that would bea nice problem to have as it would mean traffic is back up to a respectable level.

I see my affordablehost domain that was off the air yesterday is back up but I still can't get in to cpanel and their ticket system is still giving page not found.

ABW Ambassador
    I've heard good things about bluehost, but what they have is add-on domains (reside in a subfolder), not full domain hosting where each domain has their own independent space, control panel, etc.

I bought a reseller hosting hosting account at fastnext, and went for 2 years because that way it's $4.95 a month with a WHM reseller control panel.

I generally like to spread domains around a bit so they're on different C-blocks in different locations, even if it costs a bit more to have several accounts with different hosts. That way also, I get to try a couple of different ones out.

Sometimes you get the "feel" that there's a personal commitment by the ownership to provide a quality service, and that's worth going with for at least one domain to try and see for yourself.

I usualy use or recommend ServerSea.com unbelievable prices and good support.
    Have not seen anything more competitive so far.

Tax Paying Member
    Deal with someone who we all know. Talk to Geno. He has a good thing going.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Thanks to everybody that gives me a real list to check out now.

Like Webworker I too spread my domains around a bit, so the two i want to move away from Afffordable host I may well host with two different companies to try them out.

WestHost.com works great for me, its a shared server but resides on a virtual private server.

http://www.westhost.com/vps-web-hosting.html

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    I've heard good things about bluehost, but what they have is add-on domains (reside in a subfolder), not full domain hosting where each domain has their own independent space, control panel, etc..
    I have a site on bluehost and I have a full control panel and my site is not a sub-domain.

I run php - qsl and everything on bluehost with no problems at all.

It has everything that websmith is talking about and my site has never had any down time with them.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    I have a site on bluehost and I have a full control panel and my site is not a sub-domain.
    The main domain will have it's own, but how about the add-on domains at bluehost? They have their own individual control panels?

An important thing - where's the .htaccess file for each of the add-on domains? For example, how and where would someone redirect non-www to www for an add-on domain name to avoid canonical issues (to prevent both versions being indexed)?

Go take a look at HTTPme if you need reseller/mutiple domain hosting. THeir service is the best and they a great community just like abestweb. Their site lives and breathes around their forums.

And they have VPS and Dedicated Servers as you move up.

You can speak the owner Steve if you ever need to about what your plans are and what he might suggest. He is a very personable guy.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread