Question Would anyone be interested in something like this...
    I was thinking of creating a coupon management system (like the one i already use) for all merchants and networks. It would be a hugh database of AUTO UPDATED coupons.

The coupons will be in a javascript format and once you place them once they auto update as I would keep the coupons updated for everyone

Features:

Affiliates would be able to place All Merchants coupons with one line of javascript code: (Meaning if the merchant has 15 coupons, there would only be 1 line of code for you to display on your site that would display all the coupons for that merchant)

Affiliates would have access to complete stats over the coupons they use

Affiliates would be able to recommend a merchant, once recommened we update all of thier coupons from then on out.

The system will automatically insert your affiliate id for every coupon you display. (No 4th click rules)

That is pretty much the basics, but I was wondering if there were any other affiliates tired of updating coupons day after day? By using this system this would allow the affiliates to concentrate on marketing and other vital issues like CONTENT

What would affiliates pay for something like this? If at ALL

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    you might have something there..

how good is the system, user friendly, tracking, etc would determine the price you can charge.

Only problem is that it is NOT SEO friendly as it is JS and it would help those who have a good / steady traffic.

The coupons would be in js not the website. So the users just has to add the code to his own website. Its up to the user to design his navigation, content ,etc

With the coupons being in javascript, the search engines will not know these are external links. So basically a page with these coupons, to the search engines it looks as if there are not any external links, which helps with page rank

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Javascript, no interest. My reasons, loading issue and questions about what other info the code could collect.

Btw, GoldenCAN already aggregates coupon data much like you suggest.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yes, DO IT!

So many times I see these coupon sites that either have dead coupons, or no coupons for whatever they're ranking under. Maybe if they have the coupons pumped right into 'em, they'll do something other than waste listings.

CONCERN:
    My main concern is that the code would be sorted by merchant. I think most will want to be able to list only one merchant's coupons on a page.

Usually I would gripe about the JS, but some merchants have coupons that expire so fast that they wouldn't have a chance to rank before they were expired anyway.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http://www.couponfeeder.com/ ... Is this what you are talking about or is it different from this one?
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Javascript, no interest. My reasons, loading issue and questions about what other info the code could collect.

Btw, GoldenCAN already aggregates coupon data much like you suggest.
    Hi Donuts,

I have already tested the load time, and there are not much (a little) difference using the javascript. If a merchant has lets say 10 coupons there is only 1 javascript being placed on the affiliates websites. I wish I could show you a live example, but I can't place affiliate urls to message board.

There would be no info collected or sold and could put that in a contract when affiliates sign up. I can understand your concern as cj.com is collecting info about all of us.

I already looked at goldencan and dont like it for many reasons. One reason is they collect 25% of your revenue, the other reason I dont like there setup. This system would do far more than golden can.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Yes, DO IT!

So many times I see these coupon sites that either have dead coupons, or no coupons for whatever they're ranking under. Maybe if they have the coupons pumped right into 'em, they'll do something other than waste listings.

CONCERN:
    My main concern is that the code would be sorted by merchant. I think most will want to be able to list only one merchant's coupons on a page.

Usually I would gripe about the JS, but some merchants have coupons that expire so fast that they wouldn't have a chance to rank before they were expired anyway.
    Hi Leader,

The code would be sorted by merchant, however you can choose indivual coupons as well. ALso the way it is setup now, which i am unsure if I should keep, is that they are also sorted by categories which mean you grab that script tag a list all the coupons for let say "Automotive" or Business Supplies or etc

As far as the JS script is concern, I have 2 sites, the main one that displays the coupons with no javascripts and the secondary one where i use the exact system i am talking about. The second one out ranks the main one. For the search term "Online Coupons" the secondary site is in top twenty as the main site which each and every coupon is indexed is not.

The site would be a pure Coupon distribution site in which the only coupons added are Coupons, Coupon Codes, Free Shipping, web only deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Collier
    http://www.couponfeeder.com/ ... Is this what you are talking about or is it different from this one?
    Couponfeeder is limited with thier merchants and I dont like thier format, I really liked the idea at first, however my sytem is much more suitable.

All i know I would be happy to pay ten dollars a month to have complete updated coupons, as right now I spend half my time updating them. Which I could use to try out new ideas. The $10.00 per month is just a reasonable guess

Good idea, but already done with many web services...
    You should check around before starting...

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by netnow22

All i know I would be happy to pay ten dollars a month to have complete updated coupons, as right now I spend half my time updating them. Which I could use to try out new ideas. The $10.00 per month is just a reasonable guess
    $10 or $8.99 sound reasonable.
    good post but i am not sure if somebody (member or lurker) will rip off you idea.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    $10 or $8.99 sound reasonable.
    good post but i am not sure if somebody (member or lurker) will rip off you idea.
    I wish they would so I don't have to put the extra money into this.

Quote Originally Posted by DataFeedFile.com
    Good idea, but already done with many web services...
    You should check around before starting...
    Can you name a cople of web services? The ones I know about are GoldenCan, Coupon Feeder and 1 other I can't remeber the name which all do not compare

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread