I sent the e-mail and this was the response.
    TRUELY A CROCK!!!
    I am not sure I understand your email - are you asking how to uninstall one of our applications? Which of our program(s) do you have; Gator eWallet, OfferCompanion, Date Manager, Precision Time, etc.?

You should be able to easily remove the program(s) by using the Windows Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.

To access the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel, follow these steps,

From the Windows Start button, select Settings, and then Control Panel.

When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.

Locate the program you wish to uninstall in the list of installed programs, click on it one time, and then click on the Add/Remove button.

Follow the on screen instructions, when the uninstall program has completed, close all open windows.

*Note, we also distribute GAIN-supported software applications, or GAINware. If you have GAINware on your computer, viewing the following link, while your computer is connected to the Internet, may be helpful to you: http://www.gatoradvertisinginformati...out-gain.html.

This link is a new GAINware feature that will trigger the display of a window that will list all of our software, and third party GAIN-supported software, that may be installed on the computer that you are on at the time you use this link. The window will also provide instructions for the removal of all such software. So long as any such software is installed on the computer, The Gator Corporation will be capable of delivering highly relevant GAIN branded popup advertisements based on web sites viewed. A few minutes after all such software has been uninstalled (via Windows Add/Remove Programs), the software module responsible for the delivery of advertising will self-delete.

Rex
    Gator Corp.

freesurf,

LOL! I'm sure that was some poor support person, the email as you saw goes to their CMO, support@gator and pr@befree [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I sent their CMO the threads and a link to www.gatorisacrock.com late last night, needless to say we have a conferance call at 1:30 EST [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The gator uninstall link above doesn't appear to work...go figure.

This one seems OK.. http://webpdp.gator.com/gain/about-gain-02.html which required some courage on my part due to my fear of driveby Gator installs. After living many years in Winter Parks Fla. and loosing a pet poodle to a lakefront Gator ..I hate the buggers.

Now I notice the GatorisAcrock.com link shows the domain buying service sales pitch with that domain shown as available.

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread