Outsourced Program Manager
    Suggestions for Gemdreamz.com
    Hello all ;

WE are in the process of revamping Gemdreamz.com to make the search function eaiser and the navigation simpler to follow.

Before we are finished I would like to ask anyone and everyone to let me know what you would like to see us impliment in the updated version OR what you find that needs to be changed.

I am asking for postive and negative comments so if you have any suggestions PLEASE post them here or write me.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager

Fine Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby
    Gold, Silver & Platinum Jewelry

Richard@gemdreamz.com
    Gemdreamz.com
    Join Program

Richard
    Hi I just took a look at the site again for you and really don't think I have any suggestions. Looks nice to me and works well I'm either just easy to please or ?? .
    Instead of emailing you tho....I'll ask ya one question here. Would you be able to estimate for me about how long the products stay in stock or change. Have been placing products on my little site I had told ya about and have found some have recently sold out and it mentions they're on backorder or something similar in those terms. If I check around the site more I might be able to find the answer for myself...but do the products usually sell out not to return again anytime soon or is this usual for them to sell out and say backorder and if so about how long a periiod of time for them to return. Just trying to get a rough idea on how often I should be checking on your site to be sure the products are still there.

Hi Kathy;

Thanks for the postive feedback. WE are doing our best to present the finest Gem Jewelry at the best prices.

All of our products are really one of a kind as is true for any real jewelry. The items stay in stock until they are sold, then we remake about 95% of the products in our inventory. They take about 2 weeks to be remade as we need to find the correct size stones and then it also depends on the season. Closer we get to Xmas the longer items take as the jewelers are really working hard by then.

Make sure you always use the latest data feed OR if your using the make a page, update your site when I annouce that a new feed is available as the make a page in SAS is drawn from our data feed. When we find that we have a product that will NOT be remade they are deleted from the latest feed so the visitor will hopefully not often see a "item is backordered"

The only ones that are not remade are those that have really unique stones.

Hope this helps.

Richard
    You're quite welcome. Always happy to help whenever you want any feedback. Didn't really have much to say tho

Definitely agree with you on your jewelry. Anybody who'd like to surprise me with any of the amethyst or tanzanite jewelry..... feel free to do so...won't be mad at ya for surprising me at all. lol It really is very pretty. I'm sure all of it is, I've just been looking mostly at the purple stuff. lol

Pssssst don't tell anybody but I don't really quite know what the datafeeds are, if I'd be able to use em or could be able to use em. lol I've just been going through looking for all the purple jewelry using the get specific product linking code feature at SAS or making the links with the custom link to a page and then making my own links with the images from the sites. Then I plan on checking the products every 2 weeks or so to make sure they still have them.

So, would your suggestion be to just remove those products that are on backorder or leave them on since 2 weeks doesn't seem that long for a person to wait. ummmm I'd wait a couple of months for some of the purple stuff. lol

I'll send ya the link soon so you can see the site

Kathy, Leave them up.

Got to our products and then look at the data feed. What it is, is a way to place all of our products on your site BUT if you ONLY using Purple ones,:-) Your better off doing it your way I guess although it does seem like a lot of work.

Look forward to seeing your link.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread