Setting up Affiliate Program - NEWBIE
    Well I have set it up on my ecommerce site but what is a good site to have promote my affiliate program. I will be selling Hip Hop Cd's, magazines. And soon calenders and clothes.

Who is SAS?

SAS is ShareASale.com, they are an Affiliate Network. Probably considered the 3rd largest affiliate network in USA. If you have not picked a network yet, you should consider SAS, they have earned my highest respect. If you are not sure, I have a list for most of the affiliate networks who does well selling products on my site.

What is your site / store name? or URL?
    If you sell products, I recommend having a product datafeed as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by DataFeedFile.com
    SAS is ShareASale.com, they are an Affiliate Network. Probably considered the 3rd largest affiliate network in USA. If you have not picked a network yet, you should consider SAS, they have earned my highest respect. If you are not sure, I have a list for most of the affiliate networks who does well selling products on my site.

What is your site / store name? or URL?
    If you sell products, I recommend having a product datafeed as soon as possible...
    My site is The Cd Mall (removed url - will explain in next post)
    What exactly is a datafeed?
    Last edited by loxly; September 25th, 2006 at 10:57 AM.

http and a telephoto
    Andrew, you shouldn't have asked for the url of the site, if you will notice recent other threads by new merchants have been removed because of this kind of request and the subsequent answers that look like unpaid promotions. The advice being asked and given pertains to any new merchant regardless of specific site.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    thecdmall, since you are using osCommerce as your shopping cart I would also recommend going with a network like Shareasale. They have specific instructions for tracking using osC software. You can also use the easypopulate plug in to create a product listing that is a datafeed. There is a section here on datafeeds you can read up on to find out what the specifications should be. If you join Shareasale they have their format for a feed that you would submit and they would make available to affiliates.

Feel free to email me if you have further questions, I am pretty familiar with what you want to do and how to get it done quickly and inexpensively.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    To be fair cdmall if you want someone to review your site you can post it here - http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146

I hope that is right...lox?
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

http and a telephoto
    He already has
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Oops! Guess I should check there next time...

In fact I even replied to his post there.

Sorry I am slooooow today.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

What's a Data Feed
    Quote Originally Posted by thecdmall
    What exactly is a datafeed?
    Andrew would probably know the answer to this question best, but since he hasn't responded yet I figured I'd take a shot at it:

Affiliate data feeds are provided by merchants to affiliates to better promote and sell their products. Data feeds are converted into individual products and include descriptions, links for images, links for visitors to click, pricing and more. The affiliate can take the information in the feed and build individual pages for each product, or put multiple products on each page.

An affiliate data feed may also enhance a site that already has some sort of specific content. For example, a site concerned with business news, or advice for business might work well with the Betty Mills data feed. Utilizing an affiliate data feed, means your site will have more exposure on the web through search engine results, and the higher number of pages published.

I think that pretty much hammers it out.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

http and a telephoto
    cgates, I already pointed out there is a utility that can create a product feed from the oscommerce database, but that is a good description of what a feed gets used for
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    cgates, I already pointed out there is a utility that can create a product feed from the oscommerce database, but that is a good description of what a feed gets used for
    Yes I thought that was what a feed was and I'm thinking of tweaking it a little bit for better results, since I do PHP thanks.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread