Wink Are you going to see Jet Li's Fearless anytime soon?
    Save your money. Considering it was supposedly his last "epic martial arts" film, I kind of expected better. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that it was based on a true story...

Some of the fight scenes were ok...but most of them were cheesy at best (especially with the big gorilla of a man he had to fight). The ending fight scene was probably the best by far (won't spoil it for you).

I will say that the drama in between the fight scenes made the movie somewhat bearable - simply b/c it gave the movie some kind of direction/purpose.

That's it.

Ohhh, and to top it off, the entire movie was in subtitles...(fair warning)!
    Last edited by MoneyBusiness; September 25th, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nope..

I will never get it even though I am asian. Some fighting scenes are OK. I watched the crouching tiger, hidden dragon with another asian friend. one of the main acress was from my home city. We went in with an open mind but at the end of the movie, everybody started to clap except the two of us...I was like the movie was marginal OK and definately cheezy, so why are they clapping? Jumping up a 2 story building is definately my limit, fighting on water and walking on water is stretching it.

I am still puzzled why people clapped...

Who knows...I guess you could say it's fantasy fighting (or more like stereotypical fighting).

I grew up on a lot of those movies (loved it as a kid), when we lived in Korea. Of course, you can probably figure out who my favorite fighter was back in the 70's...

As far as movies like Crouching Tiger, or Houes of Flying Daggers, yeah, they do stretch it a good bit. The walking on bamboo trees has got to top it all though...

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread