Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Okay, who's the wise guy?
    Did you ever have one of those days when you felt that you were the butt of an extended practical joke? Like maybe Candid Camera was following you around and you hadn't caught on yet?

Well, today has been a doozy and I don't plan to set foot outside this house until tomorrow comes and the jig is up.

Early this morning I had an eye doctor appointment to get my new contact lenses and eyeglasses. It's been 2.5 months since I could see 20/20 and I was really excited. Well the contacts are great but guess what? The eyeglasses, which I need to drive, are the wrong ion! Please come back Wednesday to see what you've won! *DING* *DING* *DING*

Then it was off to the dentist's office to have three cavities filled. They stuck so much hardware in my mouth it felt like an armory, but hey, guess what? There wasn't enough time to fill all three cavities so...*DING* *DING* *DING* please come back tomorrow to see what else you've won!

Finally I arrive home. I get a cup of iced coffee to help numb the throbbing in my mouth and start up the stairs when our youngest dog, who just HAS to be the first one up the stairs or down the stairs, streaks past me, knocking the glass out of my hand and coffee goes flying everywhere. If it wasn't for the Little Green Clean Machine I'd probably still be blotting the carpet.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH! As soon as hubby gets home I'm making myself a Lemon Drop.

So how's your day been?

LOL,

Rhea, I will pray your day improves after many of those Lemon Drops. May even make the glasses clearer.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Thanks, Poopie. It's gotten worse actually. Freaking CafePress is broken and my shop won't load.

That's it. I'm not waiting for hubby to get home I'm getting that Lemon Drop now!

Awhhhh Rhea - you definitely are having a bad day Definitely have my share of them days...ya just wanna go back and hide under the covers and not come out again til the next day. lol
    Hoping your next is a better day....I'd say ummm you know what but sometimes my Mom would say don't worry...things will be better the next....and woulda liked to have just stopped her from finishing the sentence. lol

Dummy question here....I'm guessing a lemon drop is a kind of drink??? What all's in it?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Thanks, Poopie. It's gotten worse actually. Freaking CafePress is broken and my shop won't load.

That's it. I'm not waiting for hubby to get home I'm getting that Lemon Drop now!
    The weird thing is your hubbies shop loads and yours doesn't... what did you do???? Step away from the computer.... slowly... don't come back until you've enjoyed that lemon drop out on the patio in the sunshine... wait, is the sun shining over there in yucky upstate NY? (loxly ducks and runs)

**hugs**

I'm having a pretty good day (other than a slight server hiccup), so hope yours gets better fast!!!!!! Sending good vibes!!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Lemon drop recipe:

vodka
    juice of one lemon (use a reamer to get all the juice out)
    2 tsp. sugar
    fill glass with cold water and crushed ice
    garnish with lime slice or sprig of mint if you like

Find a comfy armchair, put something mellow on the stereo, close eyes and sip slowly.

Deb, apparently it's not just my shop. Others are affected, too. I wonder if it's a server thing, which would explain why hubby's shop is okay and mine isn't. Anyway, CP has confirmed on their forum that there are system problems.

It ain't just me this time. Next time maybe, but not this time.

ooooh that does sound reallllly good Will have to try it. That should help ya to feel a little bit better at least Really do hope things are better tomorrow and hope your mouth's feeling better, too. That's really rotten having gone through that and still having to go back..

(loxly ducks and runs)
    lol I do actually see the something out there that looks like sun. (I'm in Pa.) not too far from NY. Poured here yesterday, tho.

Rhea

Definitely a day for several Lemon Drops

And yes - it is a drink

Lemon Drop
    1 ounce Vodka (Lemon-flavored)
    1 ounce Lemon Juice
    1 teaspoon Sugar
    Shake with ice, then strain into martini-style glass with sugared rim

Actually I prefer the Raspberry Drop - you guessed it, substitute raspberry flavored vodka.....
    Last edited by charpaula; September 25th, 2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: fat finger typing
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I lover raspberry. That sounds really good, too. Gonna have to try both of em.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Lemon drop recipe:

vodka
    juice of one lemon (use a reamer to get all the juice out)
    2 tsp. sugar
    fill glass with cold water and crushed ice
    garnish with lime slice or sprig of mint if you like

Find a comfy armchair, put something mellow on the stereo, close eyes and sip slowly.
    Man, the universe was against you today!! Lucky for you, there was vodka in the freezer, lol, so it could've been worse.
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Rhea - Yup...time to stop for the day and enjoy your lemon dropsssss! (Can I come over - I promise I'll leave all the munchkins at home!)

I'm having a bit of a deja vu with the dog knocking you down the stairs. You are getting quite good at that. ((((hugs))))

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Helloooo <hic> guys!

I had two lemon drops. I never have two but let me tell you what happpened when I made the first one.

As I pushed the cork back into the bottle of Grey Goose I somehow managed to get my index finger between the bottle and the cap. Ramming the cap home I ended up with a blood blister on my finger that's roughly the size of my head. That was all the excuse I needed to make a second one.

Are you impressed with how well the drunken lady types? You should be!

Hubby is threatening to wrap his klutzy wife in bubble wrap for safekeeping.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Thanks for the recipe gang. Sounds like something I'll enjoy when we hit Florida this winter. Never heard of that before - but it's on the hard drive now!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Poor Rhea...

I hope you were able to get out of bed today

As for the lemon drop, WOW...I made a small one last night as I did not have but 1/3 of a lemon and it was nice.

I made mine with Splenda...watching my girlish figure is tough these days
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Awwhhh Rhea you really did have a bad day Don't think this is spamming since I don't own the company or anything lol put some neosporine on your finger. I love the stuff cos it really does work great on boo boos of all kinds.
    Hope today is better

Matt said: "I made mine with Splenda...watching my girlish figure is tough these days"

heee heee hmm probably shouldn't say this cos ummm the makers of it won't like it, but I hate that stuff. lol My sil had the diabetes you get while taking medicine for emphysema (forget what type it's called but it goes away when you stop the umm steroids) Since I didn't wanna neglect her I made her a batch of Christmas cookies too and substituted it for the sugar ..think I had to up the amount of something else in the recipe, too. I thought they were the most horriblest (umm don't think that's the word...but yuck) but she had the whole batch to herself and loved them. lol And....she wasn't just saying she ate em but had really given them to the dog or anything....I told her I honestly wouldn't have my feelings hurt if she tossed em and watched her woof down quite a few of em in front of me, so think she actually did like them. In all fairness to them....they probably make quite tasty food....I just am very finicky.lol

Haha, Matt! No problem getting out of bed today. The only times I've ever been hung-over was if I drank champagne. (I don't drink champagne anymore!) And I just finished an hour of exercise so I guess I'm doing fine.

I'm with pbear. I hate artificial sweeteners. Stuff could kill ya!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Haha, Matt! No problem getting out of bed today. The only times I've ever been hung-over was if I drank champagne. (I don't drink champagne anymore!) And I just finished an hour of exercise so I guess I'm doing fine.

I'm with pbear. I hate artificial sweeteners. Stuff could kill ya!
    Oh no! I meant more like "did you have the desire to get out of bed after such a bad day"

AS for the artificial sweeteners, I don't do aspartame, but Spenda tastes like sugar becauses it's made from Sugar!

Don't tell me they are lying in their ads...surely they would not do THAT!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Rhea I like a nice micro brewed beer at the end of the day and if I had a day like yours I would just as soon pour it over my head. Its tomorrow, hope all is good today.

You'll need an ice grinder and one of those plastic lemons that squirts the juice.

UPDSIDE-DOWN LEMON DROP:

Grind ice with sugar mixed in until is has an almost slush-like consistency.

Fill mouth with ice/sugar mixture.

Shoot one squirt of lemon juice into ice-filled mouth.

Tilt head back, pour in one shot of vodka.

Shake head like a stoner at a Pantera concert for about 10 seconds.

Swallow all at once.

Sit down.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I know that would cause an instant FREEZIE headache for me - the kind you get from eating a slushie too fast (: But for those not as sensitive it does sound divine
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread