Affiliate Network Info Thread
    Hello,

First of all i would like to say what a great forum this is! xD
    Lots of interesting threads and info around here.

Now on the topic.. I've been looking some days now on google, yahoo and on some forums (most of them related with affiliate networks), info about someone who is interested to start an affiliate network.

What kind of info i mean? Well first of around how much it would cost. What kind of software/programs you need like an affiliate network script + tracking system (what you would suggest and more info about this :P). How exactly the payment system works. Prepayments and all that. How you contact affiliate networks to work with them. And anyways all the info some newbie would need to start an affiliate network.

(Of course a newbie can't do that but yeah thats another subject! xD)

Thanks for your time,
    BL

(Of course a newbie can't do that but yeah thats another subject! xD)
    Hang on - you're a "newbie", so you have no relevant experience whatsoever and you want to start an affiliate network?

Seriously, before you think about anything like this, become an experienced affiliate first. And then preferably an affiliate manager. And then, you'll hopefully understand why you want to start a new network. What the gaps in the market there are.

IMO, it'd be far more important to be experienced and have a good team of affiliate managers than...

First, you'll need reliable servers. Load balanced, preferably. You don't want a DoS attack or anything like that stopping the service. That's $500+ p/m.

Secondly, you'll need to come up with a good system, probably based on simple scripts ($100+) and mostly custom coded ($1000+). And then, you'll need to get a forum here, do some real advertising ($few-thousand).

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    A network, like CJ, LS, or SAS??
    Or do you mean a network of your own affiliate sites?

The concepts are quite different...

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyC
    Hang on - you're a "newbie", so you have no relevant experience whatsoever and you want to start an affiliate network?

Seriously, before you think about anything like this, become an experienced affiliate first. And then preferably an affiliate manager. And then, you'll hopefully understand why you want to start a new network. What the gaps in the market there are.

IMO, it'd be far more important to be experienced and have a good team of affiliate managers than...

First, you'll need reliable servers. Load balanced, preferably. You don't want a DoS attack or anything like that stopping the service. That's $500+ p/m.

Secondly, you'll need to come up with a good system, probably based on simple scripts ($100+) and mostly custom coded ($1000+). And then, you'll need to get a forum here, do some real advertising ($few-thousand).
    Heya,

First of all thanks for the answer! xD
    Nope im not a total "newbie".. Working with over 20 affiliate networks the last 1 year+ but i think i still miss some thingies..
    Plus i know why i want to start an affiliate network + which market to target

My main questions though is the affiliate network scripts there are if they are good enough or it is better to go with some custom made one and if they have a tracking system (like they are full scripts) and you don't need to get one seperate from it.. The other one is the whole payment method and how exactly you work with other affiliate networks..

Thanks for your time,
    BL

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    A network, like CJ, LS, or SAS??
    Or do you mean a network of your own affiliate sites?

The concepts are quite different...

A network like Azoogle, IncentaClick and yeah like the one ya said but kinda smaller ones..

So are you basically looking for the PPC feature?

ABW Ambassador

Ahhh I see - just assumed

In that case, I'd outsource it to a group of coders via Rentacoder.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    Yup thats what i mean.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread