Terminated by an Advertiser without notice
    Hi,

After promoting an advertiser for 2 months without a sale and wasting $170 in AdWords decided to to check the links.

I noticed that when I try to use any of my links with my PID, it redirected to a advertiser page with a blank page and only the following message:

The link you followed is not an approved affiliate link
    with no other link there.

This problem don't occurs with any other PID, only my PID is blocked. :-(

I'm still active to his program and received no message from him.

I understand that he is violating the Term of service that he should contact me about termination of service 7 days before date:

"2.2 Terminating Publishers from Your Program. After You have approved a Publisher's application to Your Program, You may terminate that Publisher, one of its Sub-Publishers, or one of that Publisher's (or Sub-Publisher's) Web sites or subscription e-mail lists from Your Program upon 7 days written notice with effect from the 8th day from such notice ("Publisher Termination for Convenience"). You may terminate a Publisher with less than 7 days written notice if You are terminating the Publisher/Sub-Publisher upon notification for breach of the material provisions of the Publisher's Publisher Service Agreement or Your Program terms ("Publisher Termination for Material Breach")."
    http://www.cj.com/asa.html
    There is any other Term of service that is he violating?

Should I contact CJ's Quality Department due to a breach of the Term of "Advertiser Service Agreement"? or should I kindly contact the advertiser?

Thanks

Contact CJ via telephone. Number listed at the bottom of their site.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

what is your relationship status with this advertiser in the account interface ?
    no relationship ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    what is your relationship status with this advertiser in the account interface ?
    no relationship ?
    I'm still active with him as I told - I have been approved for his program and has not been terminated - but he is blocking any link that has my PID access to his site.

I waste $170 in AdWords sending traffic there for nothing.

that is unfair
    advertisers/cj must auto notify affiliates their links being blocked by certain advertsier

i do not know this can happen
    block you but not terminate you,
    just cheating at all

Given that you are still showing as part of the program it sounds like maybe a problem with the links.

That would be my guess, but I am usually wrong.

I once did redirect links from a program I had written to generate links and it ( I ) mixed advertiser codes. The result was not good. Argh............

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    that is unfair
    advertisers/cj must auto notify affiliates their links being blocked by certain advertsier
    Yes, according to the TOS with CJ that I posted on the 1st post, they should notified me 7 days before blocking me.

Quote Originally Posted by onthepond
    Given that you are still showing as part of the program it sounds like maybe a problem with the links.
    I'm very experienced with advanced linking, I make about $200 per day in CJ promoting about 20 different advertisers in CJ. I'm 100% sure that I'm not using links in a wrong way with this advertiser:

I already tried keyword links, text links, banner links, html or LMI links all lead to the same page message:

The link you followed is not an approved affiliate link
    But if I put a random PID or I plus +1 or -1 in my PID it works - the problem is that this advertiser is blacklisting my PID.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    All we can do is guess - which doesn't solve anything

You would need to contact CJ and the advertiser for an actual answer

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If they're blocking your link coded PID you've somehow really pissed them off as to traffic source sent their way. 99.9% of CJ advertisers, who dump an affiliate, love to reap in the extra free traffic when they notify the affiliate's been cancelled. Their tracking just recognize your account for any commission credit when they tag your PID account in their merchant interface. Talk to both CJ and the merchant.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Is it possible that they have the IP blocked for some reason? They could be blocking for scrapers, bad bots or hotlinking from the IP. Are other sites on the same IP block? Is there another site hosted elsewhere the link could be tested on?

ABW Ambassador
    Would you mind tell us which merchant it is? I want to check their links on my site if I am with them.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Is it possible that they have the IP blocked for some reason?
    No, I already tried different machines, proxies and the problem is just my PID for every machine:

for example for every machine that I connect from, my PID = 12345678, the result is the same testing any other neighbors (or also random) PIDs:

PID = ... <- allowed
    PID = 12345674 <- allowed
    PID = 12345675 <- allowed
    PID = 12345676 <- allowed
    PID = 12345677 <- allowed
    PID = 12345678 <-blocked
    PID = 12345679 <- allowed
    PID = 12345680 <- allowed
    PID = 12345681 <- allowed
    PID = 12345682 <- allowed
    PID = .... <- allowed

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    Would you mind tell us which merchant it is? I want to check their links on my site if I am with them.
    I'll tell the merchant name here. But only after I contact CJ Network Quality and CJ take a proof of what is happening.

I don't know the intentions of this merchant developing technical methods to keep my traffic away from his network.

If I make his name public now, He can know that I will notify CJ about this (maybe he can visit the forum or some of his publishers could take his attention about it)

I prefer to notify CJ first about this, so CJ can see what is happening.

I already lost $170,00 with this, I'll not take my money back - but at least CJ will know what he is doing.

After CJ acknowledgement I will make public the advertiser name here for all of you.

So this is a case to write to "CJ Network Quality" correct?

ABW Ambassador
    the good thing about this is that the link, though not commissionable I supposed, don't go to the merchant's website anymore.

I have seen many non-commisionable links that still go to the merchant's site.

But CJ is not alone in this. Performics is worst by a wide margin.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread