Media Spend
    I am curious to know if anyone has used skysraper ads on large portals lately?
    My past experiences with banner ads which are not skyscrapers was terrible but I have been informed that the skyscrapers actually work? Thoughts

If you're covering textual skyscraper ads (such as what Adsense & YPN provides), then yeah, they have performed very well for me (high CTRs).

Banners (skyscraper or not) have never done well for me - it really is a huge difference in the two (at least for me).

thank-you appreciate the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    If you're covering textual skyscraper ads (such as what Adsense & YPN provides), then yeah, they have performed very well for me (high CTRs).

Banners (skyscraper or not) have never done well for me - it really is a huge difference in the two (at least for me).
    Do you find that animated ads have better CTR's and conversions than non animated?

There is an awful lot of "experience" data on banner ads; I'm sure you can find some useful info at clickz.com and similar sites.

Yes, in general, "animated" banners are more effective than non-animated banners, because the human eye is drawn to motion.

The key to all advertising is context. If someone is looking for the best price on widgets, and you have an ad that says "widgets $9.99" then if that's the best price, you can expect a great response. If someone is looking for the best price on widgets, and you have an ad that says "Sign up for DishTV now" you can expect horrible response. There are strategies for "non- and anti-contextual advertising," but they fail far more often than they succeed.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread