Acme Hardware site totally offline
    I was looking for some specific items and since the make a page feature for all merchants is still not functional (ARGHHHHH!) I had to look at each of my merchants one by one. Probably a good thing or I may never have found this problem.

So I looked at Acme Hardware. When I went to their site this is the message I got, in BIG, bold red letters.

"This website is temporarily unavailable.

We thank you all acmehardware.com customers.

We will inform you when we get back to bussiness."

It sure would be nice to be informed of these things. I have tons of links on my site for them!

Catwoman

Tax Paying Member
    I am confused.
    My ACME Hardware links are working fine.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    I am confused.
    My ACME Hardware links are working fine.
    Mine are too.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Strange...
    After reading that your links worked, I checked mine, and they work too!

However, when I go to "get links" in SAS and I click on the Acme Hardware links, none of them seem to work, they all go to the offline page.

Now *I* am confused!

Looks like www.acmehardware.com is offline but http://acmehardware.com works.

Catwoman

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman
    Now *I* am confused!

Looks like www.acmehardware.com is offline but http://acmehardware.com works.

Catwoman

Neither of the links above work for me. I see the red message that you discribed.

I rechecked my links. They work.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I don't know what's going on, but neither link is working for me either now. Links from SAS with the "get links" feature don't work.

I clicked on my active links again, and they worked fine, and all clicks seem to show in SAS. So I deleted the last part of the link to go to http://acmehardware.com and I got the error message again. The inside pages of the site work but the main index page doesn't, I don't get it? Are they still in business?

Is this program tracking sales at all? Anyone made a sale recently with them?

I think I'm going to email them about this and ask for clarification. This is too weird for me.

Catwoman

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Just check my links and they get a red offline message. Maybe some work being done on the site?
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

ABW Ambassador
    I went to their site thru Google search and the inner pages seem to be up and the message is just on the home page. So I think they just put it on the home page.

What I don't understand is why would they put a message on their home page that the site is unavailable and not doing business but keep all their product pages live? If they still have all the products, then why say the site is down?? It makes absolutely no sense. You can make changes to a page without giving this kind of message, even the index page.

They thank their customers and then say:

"We will inform you when we get back to bussiness."

This, to me, says that they're not open for business.

However, I just noticed that is page is up and functioning although it's doesn't look the way it should.

http://acmehardware.com/index.aspx

I sent them an email earlier anyway to see what's up. They weren't very good at replying in the past, so not sure if I'll get an answer this time.

If you click on the logo at the top to take you back to the home page, it goes to the error message. If I was a customer and I saw that, I would be afraid to buy from one of the product pages. I'd be looking elsewhere.

Catwoman

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like a server issue. The www. is being redirected to non-www

HTTP/1.1301Error(CR)(LF)
    Content-Type:text/html(CR)(LF)
    Connection:close(CR)(LF)
    Content-Length:147(CR)(LF)
    (CR)(LF)
    Support won't know, it's an issue for their webmaster.

I was looking at Acme today, thinking about adding them to a site and when I click thru to the website from the program details description I get a parked page at GoDaddy. But that same description shows an epc number, a recent last transaction and a compliance test from yesterday.

I couldn't contact the merchant from there (SAS) because I wasn't an affiliate.

Lightbulb
    I'm considering them dead and gone, as even in GoldenCAN what is presented shows no product graphics and each link goes to a parked page at GoDaddy.

Too bad, as now the Roadrunner will have to order elsewhere.

Tax Paying Member
    A couple of days ago, I spent several hours rebuilding a site that is mostly Acme Hardware products. Today...nothing works.

Is it possible that they are caught up in this problem with the Savvis datacenter???
    Carolina China

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    This isn't the first time this has happened.

I had issues with them months ago that are the same as you are describing. I kept thinking their site was down. At that time I was with their indy program, could get no response from them, so I dropped them.

Awhile back I decided to give them a shot when I saw them on SAS, so I put them back up.

I just tested my links and I get the GoDaddy page.

Since this is not the first time this has happened, I guess it is time to pull them for good.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Wow, I also get the GoDaddy page now.

I've done some testing, in 2005 and again in December 2006, and concluded that due to the low commission rate, I would not be able to get an acceptable ROI from Acme Hardware.

Tax Paying Member
    Looks like Acme left the Go-Daddy parking page.

I am getting some life in their links today. No product graphics yet.......................but life.

If they had a server/site problem, one would think that some explanation would be in order.
    There are 2 reasons that they still have space on my sites........Haven't had time to rework the site and I haven't found a replacement yet.
    Carolina China

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread