Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Exclamation Affiliate program that accepts myspace traffic?
    You can PM me discreetly if you wish. I am HIGH volume.

  2. #2
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    You can't get pms until you participate in the forum discussions for a while

    Welcome to ABW! There are lots of affiliate programs that don't allow advertising on MySpace pages, because it is against their TOS to post affiliate links. However, you can certainly link from your MySpace account to your own domain based sites and have your affiliate links on those pages.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    You can't get pms until you participate in the forum discussions for a while

    Welcome to ABW! There are lots of affiliate programs that don't allow advertising on MySpace pages, because it is against their TOS to post affiliate links. However, you can certainly link from your MySpace account to your own domain based sites and have your affiliate links on those pages.
    Alright, since I can't get PMs, perhaps the programs can email me at myspacetraffic@yahoo.com

    I've got tons of high quality traffic and my own hosting and everything.

    I'm looking for programs that want to work with a real professional.

  4. #4
    CPA Network Rep JP Sauve's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    369
    Pardon me if I'm way off course (since we do accept MySpace traffic on MaxBounty and all) but something smells awfully phishy here.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

  5. #5
    Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Winter Park, FL
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbs
    I'm looking for programs that want to work with a real professional.
    A professional what?

  6. #6
    Pimp Duck popdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Take off eh?
    Posts
    3,249
    JP, I wouldn't be too suspicious.
    I mean, they have tons of high quality traffic and their own hosting and everything.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

  7. #7
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    4,731
    Honestly, for my program, i welcome myspace except for the fact that if you have a 1/2 naked person, racial, etc on your blog / myspace, DENIED!

    If you run a clean program.. i will go grab the welcome mat

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    JP, I wouldn't be too suspicious.
    I mean, they have tons of high quality traffic and their own hosting and everything.
    You are a funny guy.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Honestly, for my program, i welcome myspace except for the fact that if you have a 1/2 naked person, racial, etc on your blog / myspace, DENIED!

    If you run a clean program.. i will go grab the welcome mat
    This is CLEAN myspace traffic, not porn or anything. Shoot me off an email to myspacetraffic@yahoo.com and we can talk further.

  10. #10
    Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,817
    To me, a sale's a sale, as long as it's legit and doesn't reverse.

    Just as long as you realize that "high volume traffic" without SALES = $0
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    To me, a sale's a sale, as long as it's legit and doesn't reverse.

    Just as long as you realize that "high volume traffic" without SALES = $0
    Good point, my traffic converts, no worry about that.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    A professional what?
    A professional marketer, somebody who has been doing this since 1998 and makes over a million a year.

  13. #13
    Member cgates's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    51
    With all the worms now written for the myspace mail system I wouldn't be suprised if this guy was mass mailing members on myspace and then deleting his account afterward. Which reminds me of a useful article I found:

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05292/590807.stm

    I just hope myspace catches you and puts you away for long enough to make a real man out of you.

    Best of luck - just don't let big bubba catch you droppin' the soap.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cgates
    With all the worms now written for the myspace mail system I wouldn't be suprised if this guy was mass mailing members on myspace and then deleting his account afterward. Which reminds me of a useful article I found:

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05292/590807.stm

    I just hope myspace catches you and puts you away for long enough to make a real man out of you.

    Best of luck - just don't let big bubba catch you droppin' the soap.
    Why are you attacking me? I don't even know you. My traffic is nothing like this...

  15. #15
    Member cgates's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    51
    Didn't mean it as an attack - I just use myspace and know of the massive amounts of spam mail that their system is vulnerable against.

    You're right, you don't know me. Which doesn't give me or anyone else who doesn't know you much reason to trust you. Especially when you don't give much information or insight into your methods. There are too many devious people out there to trust just anyone.

    I don't see why my comment would be viewed as an attack if you didn't take part in the myspace spam mail scam. Because if your practice's were honest and fair, then whatever I said about the myspace spamming obviously doesn't apply to you. Now does it?
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

  16. #16
    Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,817
    Because if your practice's were honest and fair, then whatever I said about the myspace spamming obviously doesn't apply to you.
    In your prior post, you had said:
    I just hope myspace catches you and puts you away for long enough to make a real man out of you.

    Best of luck - just don't let big bubba catch you droppin' the soap.
    That was a direct attack on him, not just spammers in general.

    Keep it civil.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

  17. #17
    Member cgates's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    51
    Who would myspace catch if he was not spamming? you was a generalization for if the case was true that he (or anyone else, for that matter) was spamming on myspace.

    Though, I guess we'll never know for certain. That is, unless we take his word for it. Some may, some may not...that's really a matter of personal opinion.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

  18. #18
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbs
    Alright, since I can't get PMs, perhaps the programs can email me at myspacetraffic@yahoo.com

    I've got tons of high quality traffic and my own hosting and everything.

    I'm looking for programs that want to work with a real professional.
    If you have sites that are hosted off of MySpace then you can apply to merchants and networks using those sites and be approved or not regardless of whether the traffic is coming from MySpace or other sources So pointing out your initial traffic is coming from MySpace seems to have little value to add to the discussion.... You would be better off saying you have targetted teen traffic or targetting music traffic or otherwise defining your demographic.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  19. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    If you have sites that are hosted off of MySpace then you can apply to merchants and networks using those sites and be approved or not regardless of whether the traffic is coming from MySpace or other sources So pointing out your initial traffic is coming from MySpace seems to have little value to add to the discussion.... You would be better off saying you have targetted teen traffic or targetting music traffic or otherwise defining your demographic.
    Hi Debbie,

    The reason why I specified 'myspace traffic' is because I notice alot of sponsors specifically list it in their terms as not allowed. I figure I want to be upfront with everything as I'm a very high volume affiliate and I don't want to raise any red flags with anybody.

    This forum has been very helpful, thanks for all the emails.

  20. #20
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbs
    This is CLEAN myspace traffic, not porn or anything. Shoot me off an email to myspacetraffic@yahoo.com and we can talk further.
    That is good to know.
    9-10 applicants from MySpace are people who are 1/2 naked and most likely I will get in trouble for approving them..

    As long as you are legit and abide by the T&C, most merchants have no problem with that..

    p.s. check ur email

  21. #21
    Pimp Duck popdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Take off eh?
    Posts
    3,249
    I am aren't I
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

  22. #22
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbs
    Hi Debbie,

    The reason why I specified 'myspace traffic' is because I notice alot of sponsors specifically list it in their terms as not allowed. I figure I want to be upfront with everything as I'm a very high volume affiliate and I don't want to raise any red flags with anybody.

    This forum has been very helpful, thanks for all the emails.
    Well, as I pointed out, there is a huge difference between putting affiliate links directly ON myspace (against the tos) or linking to your own sites that are not on myspace. I guess you aren't understanding the difference It's ok, just trying to be helpful!!!!

    We have stuff you can run on your OWN sites, but definitely NOT on myspace directly.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  23. #23
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    4,731
    I have seen numerous pages ON myspace with linkshare / CJ banners. Not a myspace follower (guess I am too old for myspace) but maybe it is against the myspace TOS as loxly pointed out.
    It should be pretty easy for myspace to clean house for those who have cj/ls links on their page as they can easily identify pages with specific cj/ls/etc domains.

  24. #24
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    They shut down accounts when the mood strikes them....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  25. #25
    CPA Network Rep JP Sauve's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbs
    My traffic is nothing like this...
    We work with many MySpace publishers, some with great success. If your traffic is legit, we have many campaigns that would do your traffic well. Having a bunch of MySpace accounts with a million friends is one thing, but if the traffic is from phished accounts, then I'd suggest not trying MaxBounty.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. affiliate accepts refund risk?
    By Henry3902 in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 19th, 2010, 12:56 AM
  2. MySpace Affiliate Program
    By Chuck Hamrick in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 14th, 2007, 05:35 PM
  3. Looking for traffic thru affiliate program
    By TabooLeather in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM
  4. Best Affiliate Program for Untargetted Traffic?.
    By cowcool in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 8th, 2003, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •