ABW Ambassador
    Angry NetIdentity & Tucows "migration" fails miserably
    NetIdentity.com was recently bought out by, or merged with, Tucows, who is currently trying to migrate everyone's email over to a new system, which is by far the worst example of customer service, and service in general, I've ever seen... So, the "migration" is failing miserably with countless problems, but they thought it would be a great time to raise rates!!!

If you're a NetIdentity customer, you probably already know about the chaos, but this needs much more attention!

View complaints here.

To sum it up, people have been w/out email service for over 24hrs (probably longer by now). Users consistently get an error message stating that it will be back up in 5minutes, a complete lie. The webmail client is horrible, cumbersome, problematic and frustrating to say the least. Oh, did I mention it's archaic & we've lost a lot of functions that are standard at the most basic free email providers? It uses Java, preview frames, popups, etc. which a lot of people can't use. Some people can view folders belonging to other people on the same domain, & their folders can be seen by others - a huge privacy issue! They're not answering their phones, or returning calls. They're not replying to support tickets or posting updates on their site or their blog. Apparently the webmail service is being handled by a known spam outfit out of Hong Kong. Many claim they've lost email from either before, or during the "migration." And to top it off, rates for their email, web site & blog services are going up!

I've had my email account since the late 90's, since it was called Mailbank, because they offer First@LastName.com & used to be reasonably priced. Over the years, they've raised the rates, but since it's my main account (had it since before I started buying my own domains), most of my important business goes through it. My wife recently got her email account set up through them (has two - maiden name & new last name). They're going to be losing a ton of business & I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to read about them getting sued by someone whose privacy was compromised, or can't conduct business, or even a class action law suit...

Digg it here

ABW Ambassador
    whups, the link for Digg is here:

http://digg.com/tech_news/Tucows_scr...anet_migration

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread