Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Arrow "Get Multiple HTML Links" - Does this work for anyone?
    Am I missing something here?

I use Firefox, and when I am working on getting links, I select the ones I want, then in the "select action" drop down, I choose GET HTML and hit PERFORM ACTION.

When the links load up they are all javascript links. Arrrghhhh

Oh, and on the page where I select the links I want.. the "Click 'broken image' to select multiple links" does nothing. The image or whatever it is is broken and I can't click on anything.

Is there anyway to get multiple HTML links?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I'm using FireFox: same problem here (regarding LMI links that came instead of html links),

I tried to contact CJ about this and they replied:

I have replicated your issue and have not experienced any functionality problems
    So I gave up, to lazy to insist and try to prove that I'm right and they are wrong.

If you use the "Get Html" on the last column on the right (but need to get one by one) or the Send html by email it may work.

Try contacting them maybe they don't think you are crazy like they did with me.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroMag

If you use the "Get Html" on the last column on the right (but need to get one by one) or the Send html by email it may work.
    Yes, I have to get html from there.

I can't get html codes if I use "select action" and "perform action" function.

There is another post talking about this: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79098

Perhaps your firefox browser is an older version? Check www.mozilla.com to get the current update. I just tried it and it works fine for me in firefox. My version is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by cgates
    Perhaps your firefox browser is an older version? Check www.mozilla.com to get the current update. I just tried it and it works fine for me in firefox. My version is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6

Actually, You have a pretty old version of FireFox

This is mine:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7

Maybe I need to downgrade it to work properly with CJ

haha, good point. This problem doesn't make much sense. Have you tried other browsers?
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by atonca

There is another post talking about this: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79098
    That is my post and I'm using IE not FF although I use that too sometimes.

As mentioned in my post it happens after I change an option and then all the links are turned into javascript. This is a real time waster but there is a workaround but we should not have to do this as CJ should fix it poperly.

The work around is to select one link, when it opens up then change all the options as required like "open in New Window", Site used etc then close it. Now each time you select multi links they will all have the correct options.

As I said there is a lack of people caring about my issue but I'm sure they will all be posting here one by one in the future when this bug affects them.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Michelle this has nothing to do with Firefox - I have the same problem (as do others at ABW). I contacted CJ and this is the reply I got from them about this problem:

Thanks for contacting client support. I apologize for the delay in response. The problem you are referring to is a bug within the system. Our engineers are trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, for right now, you must select the "GET HTML" link to the right of the advertisement information for each individual advertisement you wish to retrieve. I understand this is inconvenient and we apologize, but we are working as fast as possible to fix the problem.
    If you select "email HTML" in the "Select Actions" dropdown menu you will get multiple links sent to you that way. Bit of a pain but better than nothing. As far as
    we are working as fast as possible to fix the problem
    is concerned, that's a load of because this problem has been around for quite some time now.

ABW Ambassador
    I use IE and have exactly the same problem. This is not exclusive to FF.

Thanks guys! Good to know it is not just me.
    ~Michelle

>>The work around is to select one link, when it opens up then change all the options as required like "open in New Window", Site used etc then close it. Now each time you select multi links they will all have the correct options.

no use,
    all links are still in JS

how long it takes cj to fix such thing ??

Looks like they've already fixed it.

Still not working here....
    ~Michelle

I tried it once again and have to correct myself - the "Get HTML" function for multiple links works well (tried it with more merchants), but as soon as I change the settings for multiple links (like e.g. force them to open in a new window), they turn into JS links.

The CJ interface is useful, but definitely buggy (not the first bug I encountered).
    (And on a side note - I hate all the popups, everything just opens in a new window.)

ABW Ambassador
    no use,
    all links are still in JS
    The work around I posted does work and I'm unsure why it's not working for you? - I use it everyday but it would still be good to have this fixed properly.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I gave it a try the other day, and couldn't get it to work, and I just tried it again and can't get it to work.

What browser are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    The work around I posted does work and I'm unsure why it's not working for you? - I use it everyday but it would still be good to have this fixed properly.
    ~Michelle

ABW Ambassador
    hey Michelle, I'm using Firefox 1.07 & IE 6.1 - still works fine here with my work around.

I have firefox 1.5.0.7. & IE 6.0.2900

Please tell me if I am missing something.

I log into CJ & choose the merchant I want to make links for.

> I choose "Text Link"

> I choose ONE link and click on "Get HTML" to the right side of the screen. (I can't choose HTML with the select action button because I automatically get a javascript link when it loads)

> When the page loads, I choose the website that I want from the drop down "Web Site" box.

> I choose "Set link to open in a new browser window" (note: I also tried this without doing this and got the same results and tried it selecting all options available and it didn't work)

> I Hit close then reopen the merchant and go to text links (note: also tried this without hitting close and just choosing to go back to Text Links on the top and got the same results)

> Now I check off multiple links and use the "Select Action" and choose "Get HTML" and click on Perform Action.

> When the page loads, all the links are javascript and it even says "Get Javascript" on the top left above all the links.
    ~Michelle

ABW Ambassador
    Michelle, I know now why it's not working for you and everyone else like it does for me.... it is because I just go to the "Get Links" module and I don't go through the merchant window.

I'm glad to help and you should be fine now & just do this and follow my instructions above.

that's really tricky

Thanks! It does indeed work if you use the "Get Links" like.
    ~Michelle

>>Thanks! It does indeed work if you use the "Get Links" like.

it is not if you check the boxes again,
    they will change back to JS again,
    i forget which options though ?

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread