I'm looking for a place to sell our mortgage and insurance leads. We've been with several of the mortgage affiliate programs and I'd rather try selling them directly to brokers but not hrough an affilaite program. Anyone know who might want to buy these?

There are some specific laws in the mortgage and insurance games about leads, selling them and payments - and they vary from state to state. So you need to do your homework on that especially if the leads are interstate.

If you are a corporation, you might hire a licensed agent and then apply for an agency at a couple of good insurance companies which you can get easy enough. Then give the leads to the agent and you keep all the commission you make from them less what you pay the agent.

As for mortgages...talk to your bank - they might buy the local ones.

Also, you can advertise the leads for sale to independent mortage brokers. There is a trade magazine that covers that industry.

However, I think you might do really well auctioning them on eBay. Bundle 100 at a clip
    on a state by state or city basis and do an auction for them on eBay.

I know that where I used to live in Orange County, CA, you could sell leads all day long
    for $5 a piece if they were REAL, LOCAL and you could show the buyer they came from seriously targeted advertising.

We used to do a per inquiry deal with the local financial TV station to generate leads for financial stuff. Every time our 60 second commercial ran, we'd get about 60 leads. The TV station got $1.50 per lead - we made a good chunk of change until the TV station got bought, went national and said forget any P.I. deals.

(Note: there was CPA long before there was affiliate marketing and it always worked well on a local basis. It broke down, however, whenever it went national and reverted to the standard advertising business model of you pay for the eyeball.)

Also, mortgage and insurance leads can also be used by stock brokers that can also sell insurance and do mortgages.

If you have alot of 'GOOD' leads you might do real well, with the auction thing.

You write up a NEW RELASE about your NEW and AMAZING way to get leads and send it to the
    trade mags and publications, telling them all about you AUCTION thing with the url of where to get info on it, then you put up some auctions on eBAY and see what happens.

Total cost - the time to write the News Release, make 20 copies to send out to the various publications and 20 first class stamps. Maybe $20 tops. You can get a list of publications at your local library.

If it really works you got a big winner.

My guess is worst case, you would have a profitable little business. And if you get a rep for selling 'good' leads you will have a nice cash cow.

One other thing - if you can put together a list of 5,000 plus with name, address and phone number, you can place it with a list broker and sell it for $125/per $1,000
    and after the brokers cut you keep $75 or more per 1,000.

Which means you pocket $375 every time it's rented. Considering there are a zillion banks and insurance companies and mortgage companies, a good list broker should be able to rent it at least once a week if not more often.

And you can still sell the leads one by one.

(Sometimes I seriously wonder why I screw around with affiliate marketing - I must have taken a pallet of the same stupid pills that the guys at Oversure took and not known it.)

Wow, thanks, Professor. You've given me a ton to think about. I may have found a broker who wants to buy the mortgage leads. It is much more profitable than using an affiliate program. More work but more money [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] You've given me some great ideas!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread