Email Invitations in CJ
    Hi All,
    CJ is charging 0.15$US per email sent to not joined publishers. I wanted to send out an inviation email to publishers in the Home & Garden category, will that be a good option to recruit more publishers. This is going to cost us around $450. Do you gusy have any idea about conversion rates for such email campaigns. Any views will be appreciated.
    Thank you

From my personal experience more than half of the publishers who receive emails from CJ don't bother to read them and very few will actually convert if they do read it. However, it may work like a charm for you.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

ABW Ambassador
    Never know those emails cost senders money...might think about that before delete your emails next time

To answer your question: it depends. It depends on the program itself, payout rate, program terms...

I receive merchant invitation emails once in a while, most of the time I will look into their programs and decide if I want to join. The email invitation works if your program is attractive enough to the publishers you are sending emails to.

to recruit, i think it's much cheaper for you to open a forum here, where you'll be fishing in a more educated pond.

be aware this will mean the need for more communication with your current and future affiliates.

Cheaper to open a forum here than send out emails through CJ? Mmm..I don't think so. Perhaps much more effective, but doubtfully cheaper.
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

ABW Ambassador
    Cheaper in terms of cost per affiliate recruited who produces and drives revenue for you, and the eventual cumulative ROI, yes. IF you've got a good program.

If you get 10 sign up from a one-time mailing costing $450, how many of those who join will acually produce for you? if you can recruit 10 a month for the amortized annual cost of having a forum, with a good half of them being good producers and some super-dupers in the mix if your program a is good one, how does that possibility compare?

Besides, aside from opening a forum, will a mass mailing for $450 that most don't open do more for you than a $50 program announcement at ABW?

It's likely more cost effective to open a forum here, providing you have the time to keep it active. If you can only pop in once a week, then don't waste your time.

Yes, CJ charges for such emails and charges for newsletters too.

Is $450 worth it? What is a good affiliate partner worth? One good partner is well worth the $450. So if you got one good partner, would you be satisfied?

Granted, most programs can't afford to pay $450 for each affiliate but if you did spent $450 and recruited only 1 good partner, it could be money well spent.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

http and a telephoto
    webworker nailed it. I obviously believe in having a forum here, since I just got a second company I have worked for to open one... I think the quality of affiliates I recruited in the CafePress forum was/is outstanding and the venue for feedback is invaluable. It's all about building trust and relationships, which you can't do in one email blast from CJ or any other network.

There are many benefits to having a forum here, if you take the time to use it correctly, but as Greg pointed out, if you are going to just put it up and not use it, then you are better off with a New Program Announcement and taking your chances with that CJ mailing. Or do a mailing right here.... check out the advertising options page. (no I don't get a commission, lol)
    Last edited by loxly; September 29th, 2006 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

for some reason I thought this was a bit less expensive for merchants to participate here. How long has this been the rate structure?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    for some reason I thought this was a bit less expensive for merchants to participate here. How long has this been the rate structure?
    At least a year that I have been looking at the rates...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread