ABW Ambassador
    Have you ever had one of those times when you see a trifle in the fridge, your eyes white out and by the time they return to normal you have eaten 99.9% of the contents. Well.......

Ah well, the other 0.1% won't make any difference. Ahhhh.

Excuse needed please.

Fridge Pixies did it.

I

I didn't think it was good enough for you. You deserve better.

"It doesn't keep".

It tasted funny and I didn't want you to get sick so I flushed it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It tasted funny and I didn't want you to get sick so I flushed it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..through my digestive system.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    --------------
    I didn't think it was good enough for you. You deserve better.
    --------------
    lol, ssanf!

"The dog ate it"

Works for homework...

ABW Ambassador
    LOLOL Brilliant, I know you guys wouldn’t fail me.

I think the pixies idea will be good for my daughter.

I will just print this out, my wife will then lol it off.

She did not find out yet, so I will wait until she does. Keep the replies coming, I can use some for my future indiscretions.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

There's always the "Trifle? What trifle? There was never any trifle.. are you imagining it?"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Trifle? What trifle? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it is some kind of a mushroom that grows in France.

Ummm, sorry XXXXXX ... it was just tooo good. How on earth did XXXXX learn how to make something so incredibly fantastic? WOW!!!

Haiko [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    PS. One year, when I was younger, I ate a whole pot of Norwegian Christmas porridge (basically rice pudding) ... it worked [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Just as an update, no one has noticed the missing trifle. I find that UNBELIEVABLE that both my wife AND my kids would miss a thing like this. :eek:

OTHER NEWS: weight up by 1Kg, lethargy set in directly after eating binge, recovery initiated shortly thereafter, recovery complete after short snooze. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

>Just as an update, no one has noticed the missing trifle. I find that UNBELIEVABLE that both my wife AND my kids would miss a thing like this.

Is it possible that so many trifles have gone missing no-one sees anything unusual in this? And that the existence of Fridge Pixies is not entirely unknown to them? Or at least the existence of one, unusually *large* Fridge Pixie?

I

rotfl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This doesn't sound like a first offense then [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Well Guv, I normally wolf down the yogurts as they were bought speshully for me they av. This time it was different. It wos this big 10” diameter trifle wot wos cryin out it was. I couldn’t elp miself I couldn’t. Honest, it’s the first time I ever dun it.

There I wos, browsin through abestweb and all of a suden, there wos, not nuffin left.

Avanart Guv, let me orf, I wont do it again, honest. [couldn't find a cap in hand smiley]

ABW Ambassador
    LOL...You guys are too much...Ya' know, when I was kid, my goldfish died and my parents replaced it while I was not home...Any way to snatch up a trifle from somewhere and replace it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just leave a note within the package leftovers ..PLEASE buy more of these ..sign it Refrig pixie.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Nobody noticed it???

Hmmm... THAT'S suspicious...

Anyway, you could always try to find the recipe and make another. Although if you do that, you'll then know how to make it anytime you want--which may have the side effect of getting you an extra 200kgs or so over a period of time! And, as a webmaster, any weight you gain is yours forever. It's a "privilege" of this position, which goes along with the privilege of not having to do any exercise to fulfill the requirements of the (non)job.

ABW Ambassador
    Have you considered the possibility that no one has noticed the missing trifle because there was no trifle. In fact, your eating it is only further proof of its non-existence.

If someone does notice that there is a trifle missing, it is only at that point that the trifle ever existed. However, as you ate it before it existed, you can't be blamed for its disappearance.

ABW Ambassador
    TH Media
    I didn’t see ANY fish, it wasn’t me.

EcomCity
    Leaving a note would remind them that it has gone, and keep my daughter at the fridge looking for pixies, therefore stopping me from raiding the fridge :mad:

Hmm, Bad idea.

Leader
    I do exercise. Do you know how far I have to walk to the fridge? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Markymark
    My stomach is proof of its existence. But maybe you are correct. If I put a note in the like EcomCity says, then when someone comes and asks me what I am waffling on about, I will know it was not real.

If I get a clip around the ear? Hmmm……..

Decisions, decisions. Ohh look, another Trifle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There I wos, browsin through abestweb and all of a suden, there wos, not nuffin left.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By Jov, I think you've put your finger right on the Fridge Pixie! Why, whenever I'm browsing through ABW late at night there always seems to be a sudden disappearance of some delicious food or beverage from the kitchen!

Perhaps ABW does not set cookies, but Fridge Pixies on the puter? Perhaps the Fridge Pixie set by the visit to ABW actually demands its own cookies from the kitchen?

Poor Fridge Pixie from ABW, I almost always grab that yummy stuff and eat it myself before it gets to the cache :eek: .

Don't worry, Haiko, we won't let the Fridge Pixies you set get fat! We're all being very vigilant to eat the cookies before they get to the Fridge Pixie! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread