Ideas on how to go from a 6 to a 7
    Yes, I realize PR isn't everything, but I am curious if anyone out there can consistently do this.

You just need to develop a large audience. I've seen some blogs achieve very high PR from being very consistent and informative. I wouldn't say earning a high PR is a consistent matter. Usually a single webmaster will build it up on a single site or two and spread it to their other sites. If you want strong PR's on many sites you'll have to provide lots of useful information and frequent updates on each of them.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Keep in mind that the PR system is exponential. PR7 could be 10x or even 100x harder to achieve than PR6.

On the other hand, you might be sitting at PR6.99 right now, and an extra incoming link is all it needs

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Than ks Snib Scott
    We're having SEO work done now to gain PR for ameritrustRx - so I appreciate your post.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    I have a site that has gone as high as 8. I have seen zero benefit from 8 vs 6. Since a big adjustment a few years ago, I don't dip into 7 or 8 as much as I used to, but it is just a curiosity at this point because I really don't put any weight into it at all. I sure as heck wouldn't pay for it.

Chet

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    PR plays a minor role in ranking, but, in my experience, does still affect frequency and depth of spidering.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

I think quality inbound links (one way link) is important.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    I have a site that has gone as high as 8. I have seen zero benefit from 8 vs 6. Since a big adjustment a few years ago, I don't dip into 7 or 8 as much as I used to, but it is just a curiosity at this point because I really don't put any weight into it at all. I sure as heck wouldn't pay for it.

Chet
    Agreed, I have had sites site at PR8 for months that got less traffic and made less sales than those that are consistent PR4-6.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

IMO it depends how many your industry related websites are linked to your sites.

I think loxly and chetf have it. Google works a lot more slowly on some of these things than people think (at least I think so).

Quick adjustments in PR will not really do much, but consistancy will eventually show you changes in the SERPs

--Jason
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Woz sums it up:
    PR plays a minor role in ranking, but, in my experience, does still affect frequency and depth of spidering.
    Unless you are in a highly competitive industry I would not be too concerned with your PageRank. That is unless you have a very large site. Then the higher your PR the more Google with spider and index.

Focus on getting links from highly trusted domains. That would be older sites with a large number of backlinks, a lot of links from college and government sites. Trust me that will increase your rankings much more

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread