Question Advice
    I have a website that has a free service offered to members of the website. The website targets musicians, venues, promoters, and record labels as well as music listeners, etc...

Problem is, conversions are lower than I had hoped they would be. I am partially considering becoming a merchant on a network like SAS or Link Connector and paying publishers per member signup.

Where I am having trouble deciding whether this is a good idea or not, is I have an invite section on each member's login area. Where the member can invite their friends to join. I'm worried that some members will take advantage of this by paying themselves to invite friends when it was initially meant to allow them to create a small community of their own. I honestly don't want to pay for conversions I probably would have gotten anyways for free, just because the service is there to use.

Suggestions?
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Decisions
    Sounds like you are looking for help from publishers - but also sounds like you hesitate on wanting to pay them. You need to make a decision on what you want to do, and how much you are willing to pay in order to achieve your goals.

If it is converting at a low percentage - the commission to publishers would have to offset the low conversions - so get some input here from others and see what you want to do.

best of luck
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

It is worth it to pay for signups as long as you can make money from these signups in the end. I don't know exactly how you make your money, so I can't say if this will work or not, but if more signups means more money for you, then it might be worth it to pay for them.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I've been thinking a lot about this - and honestly if I have no members I have no site traffic which means I make no money.

The only conclusion is the obvious one:
    Spend green to make green.

Thanks for the help!
    [FONT=Verdana]Chris Gates[/FONT]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread