Action Jackson - King of the World
    Motherwear removes all coupon sites
    Just got an email and got dumped LOL

awww sorry to hear you got dumped. There are plenty of merchants in the sea. You will find the right one.

If you need a shoulder to cry on I'll rent ya mine

ABW Ambassador
    What was their message and reason?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Jack,

sorry to hear you got booted. Hope you weren't making good $$ with them. I got an email saying they were basically cleaning house but nothing about getting booted (but I also don't have a coupon site). Did you get an actual boot email?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well the merchant has the right to boot couponers hawking their trademark + coupon. Seems another merchant is kiting sale commissions from hundreds of other merchant sites like this one. Install www.siteadvisor.com and look over this BHO toolbar couponer running their own affiliate enabled merchant program targeting Motherwear... http://reallybigsavings.com/affiliate.html ... http://reallybigsavings.com/Ratings/ Now checkout their parent company and other incentive pushing programs... http://commandmedia.com/oursites.html Seems kinda draconian to bundle all couponers as checkout attack dogs, but this merchant probably tires getting irrate customer e-mails regarding all the misleading or expired coupons/deals from shoppers doing the cookie setting Google dance for Motherwear Coupons.
    Last edited by ecomcity; September 28th, 2006 at 11:04 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

jackson992
    I'm sorry they did that to you, too I'm guessing since I didn't have them on my site, they must've never even accepted me, if that makes you feel any better lol Agree though, there are plenty of other ones out there

I got the same email and am not sure if I am getting booted or not. One of my sites is nothing but mom and family stuff. The other is heavy on coupons. I won't cry if I lose it completely because of the latter site because I do not really make much money with them. But I am hoping to be able to stay with it for the first site.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

The email I received stated:

After close examination of our affiliate strategy, we have decided to focus on
    content-rich destination sites devoted to mothering, maternity and nursing.
    Therefore we will be discontinuing our partnership with publishers that fall
    outside this target.

I do not have a coupon site but, I also don't have the content rich site that they are targeting.

The next day I got the boot via CJ email. Looks like they are shooting themselves in the foot. They have never been a real source of income for me.

Gene
    TCS

Trippin' merchants. It's not as if somebody is going to try to promote Motherwear "mothering, maternity, and nursing" on a wrestling fan or auto parts site (well, Jack would, but that's just Jack).

If they are going to purge affiliates on a whim like this, I say better sooner than later.

The ones I really get a kick out of are the ones that invite you to join the program, and either reject you or terminate you shortly thereafter. Then a few months down the line they come back and invite you again!!!! (can you say J.J. Kent?)
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    Trippin' merchants. It's not as if somebody is going to try to promote Motherwear "mothering, maternity, and nursing" on a wrestling fan or auto parts site (well, Jack would, but that's just Jack).

If they are going to purge affiliates on a whim like this, I say better sooner than later.

The ones I really get a kick out of are the ones that invite you to join the program, and either reject you or terminate you shortly thereafter. Then a few months down the line they come back and invite you again!!!! (can you say J.J. Kent?)
    I haven't had to terminate an affiliate since 1998 but I sure got some miss-matched theme sites making steady sales. Merchant has just received their 4th USA patent for their product line and won't even tell me till October what it's for....?? Some customer feedbacks have asked for this over the years .... and I haven't a clue what IT is. Knowing the owner it will probably double online sales like they do every other year once I build out the site.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

their 4th USA patent for their product line and won't even tell me till October what it's for....??
    That would be the suspender pasties for strippers. I'm ready to sue their pants off, no pun intended. :P
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Have these kinds of terminations and rejections increased this year over last, or has it been at the same level every year?

Sounds maybe like some of the merchants are making changes that perhaps are related to SE changing policy? Any input would be welcomed.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Have these kinds of terminations and rejections increased this year over last, or has it been at the same level every year?

Sounds maybe like some of the merchants are making changes that perhaps are related to SE changing policy? Any input would be welcomed.
    Seems they have increased Alan. I think a lot of merchants are PPC & Parasite leery and too quick to jump to conclusions and boot solid affiliates. Kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

BTW Jack, I got a termination letter from them via CJ mail today, too. Stupid ... I have a site that caters to their type of merchandise. Meanwhile, I took all their links off my site months ago because they went inactive and weren't converting anyway. Doh ... At least I don't have to scramble to find/replace links. Look at some of the SAS merchants - there are good replacements there.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Yes I know there are plenty of other choices, just thought it was pure idiocy the reasoning they gave. I also don't run any pure coupon sites, tho I do use coupons.

ABW Ambassador
    I got booted also, no reason given.

Seen this before
    I have seen this done by several merchants since 1999. Usually what happens is that they drop their select stores and "usually" come back later telling people they revamped their program, a glitch was made and you were dropped etc. All when they find out how much money they lost by getting rid of their affiliates.

I would assume that the other poster is right with the spammers. It can make it a bit of trouble for the rest of us when people don't use the program correctly.

Attacking coupon sites etc. isn't the way to go. They need to attack the company they are having trouble with direct as they will be loosing many programs that are good and will make them money.

Some still get the idea that a coupon site is bad. I have seen many major companies posting visa coupons that are completley against visa rules (codes that start with visa for other stores good for visa customers only) yet when Visa asks them to stop, they do it anyway. This type of site makes it hard for those who run a coupon site that they wish to have crisp and clean of any rule breaking.

Personally, I never made a dime off this company, so taking them off select sites will be ok for us. But what someone said was right. They dropped me from their program because my main site was coupon related. But this site was made as a shopping area for my family site which is completely content based.

All i can say is that it is their loss to look dedicated affiliate.

Right now allposters.com and art.com are playing around with their coupon affiliates too, cutting their pay back and leaving all other affiliates the same.

We dropped them from our sites as well and we were earning a large portion per month on one of them.

Again, it's their loss. There are plenty of other stores you can promote in their place. I hope it works out for you.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread