ABW Ambassador
    Complaint about Deal Dispatcher Consumer Promotions
    Everytime I get this newsletter and try to find the promotions mentioned in it most can never be found!

Here is a prime example:
    Diamonds International - 60% off this Magical Gemstone Ring!

I serarched and searched and searched but it is not to be found, last time I try with this and I really just don't have time for this sort of thing especially with all the other offers I can find quickly from other networks in their newsletters.

If your going to send out these offers then at least include the linking code if they are so hard to find. I gave up and will not bother looking for any of the other promotions from other merchants.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Affiliate Manager
    Glinted,

Try contacting the merchant. Problem with Deal Dispatcher is that us merchants have only a certain number of characters and a ton of promotions to convey to the affiliates.

Regards,
    Freshpair

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I think the merchant is to be blamed.

Merchants would submit the deal a few weeks in advance prior to the email drop and sometime merchants would forget to update the product or affiliate promotion.

I guess linkshare account managers can request for merchants to update thing on their side every month but it cannot be guranteed.

Maybe an email reminder from Linkshare to the merchant will help and also a link to the specific promotion will help the affiliates

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Hey Eric!

I'm in need of a sig line.

Can I use that?

Talking
    Be my guest..

if possible, hyperlink it like TrustNo1

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    thats most likely right as other merchants deals work but often there are a number that don't so it seems a bit of a lottery. I have also found in past that I would be looking in the text link area for the links but then eventually find them as banners hidden 5-6 pages deep.

I think LS have to take some responsibility in managing this sort of thing better as well. thanks for the feedback everyone and I will give it another go today to see if I can find the rest of the merchants links...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

working with linkshare for the past 6 yrs as a merchant, i think the reporting is not the best and the display of links/image ads is really bad.
    Sorting is done by last upload. So if you upload the link or image last, it will appear for affiliates first...
    U cannot assign weights or priority to make something show up first

ABW Ambassador
    Well thats interesting! CJ make finding links a breeze compared to the way LS offer them. Some times its like looking for a needle in a haystack lol but the worst thing is you have to get them one at a time, there is no bulk link tool and it can take forever to get a bunch of links to grab for your pages.

use a RSS coupon/deal feed is much better way to go

Same experience here... tried many LS technologies in the past, especially new ones... they just don't work ?!?

ABW Ambassador
    yes Vrindavan I do use rss & xml from shareasale, goldencan & a few others, as far as I know LS don't have any to offer? I also have tried andrews tools and some of them work well

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread