Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Red face Damn Corner sheets
    Ok, so the description under this post area is "When your real friends and family think your a geek you will find someone who understands you here".

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying my family and friends, but perhaps I have to wonder about myself sometimes...

Every time I wash the sheets and have to fold the corner sheet, it ends up looking like I just rumpled it up into a ball.

Anyone have any tricks for folding corner sheets??

Regards,
    Vanessa
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vness

Every time I wash the sheets and have to fold the corner sheet, it ends up looking like I just rumpled it up into a ball.

Regards,
    Vanessa
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results
    Tuck one corner end into another before you fold - that's all I remember. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I know who knows . . .

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    How to fold a fitted sheet
    This link just goes to show you can find anything on the net.

I actually learned this trick years ago working part-time in a laundry mat while in graduate school. Yeah, it was kind of a weird job for a guy, but it turned out to be a great way to meet women.

Oops. Herb posted the same link while I was writing my post.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

You guys got me thinking about the fastest way to fold up a t-shirt trick. Here's a page with some different videos of doing just that:

http://willmurray.name/blog/2006/09/04/48/

I seriously fold my t-shirts like this now (the first way in the series). It is so much easier once you get the hang of it (and in a geeky way kinda fun too).

-tm

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobius
    You guys got me thinking about the fastest way to fold up a t-shirt trick. Here's a page with some different videos of doing just that:

I seriously fold my t-shirts like this now (the first way in the series). It is so much easier once you get the hang of it (and in a geeky way kinda fun too).

-tm
    That is one nifty trick! Thanks for sharing tm!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobius

-tm

Lol, hey, that's a tip I really had not thought I would find at this forum. We really do cover every topic, I guess! Nifty t-shirt fold...
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Here's an OBVIOUS thought:

Only own ONE set of sheets - and you'll never have to fold them.

Hey! It works for me

http and a telephoto
    Same here. From the dryer to the bed.... no folding...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Same here. From the dryer to the bed.... no folding...
    Two things I can't stand doing: washing dishes and doing laundry.

I"ve got an old washer/dryer setup (like 15 years old) and still kicking. I (being the lazy bachelor that I am) often leave everything in the dryer until I need it. Fluff it up for a couple of minutes, and it's good to go!

Billy Kay - Here's an OBVIOUS thought:
    Only own ONE set of sheets - and you'll never have to fold them.
    Hey! It works for me

Loxly - Same here. From the dryer to the bed.... no folding...

Money Business - I"ve got an old washer/dryer setup (like 15 years old) and still kicking. I (being the lazy bachelor that I am) often leave everything in the dryer until I need it. Fluff it up for a couple of minutes, and it's good to go!

lol I like your ideas lol Just buy a lot of paper plates and get the little round guy that does the vacuuming and won't have to do any housecleaning.

Thanks for the tips, too. On a more serious note.... I feel your pain Vness all the tips in the world, and they still never really turn out the way they
    re supposed to be I don't think. lol The folding the end into the other does seem to work the best, but still the way ours ends up it doesn't look like Martha would approve. I defnitely like the other 3's ideas the best

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Just buy a lot of paper plates
    uh... got a problem with that? that's what I use

I own:

2 knives
    2 forks
    2 spoons
    2 plates
    a dozen coffee cups

Keeps people from inviting themselves over to dinner

and guarantees I'll never have to cook

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Two things I can't stand doing: washing dishes and doing laundry.

I"ve got an old washer/dryer setup (like 15 years old) and still kicking. I (being the lazy bachelor that I am) often leave everything in the dryer until I need it. Fluff it up for a couple of minutes, and it's good to go!
    I'm not a lazy bachelor... there are things you learn from being a busy mom... paper plates are the bomb, less is more as far as dishes and linens go....

And who cares what the darn sheet looks like in the closet.... is someone sending the folded linens police to your house for inspections???? In a pile in the laundry room works until they get tossed in the closet....
    Deborah Carney

lol lol

Are these:
    2 knives
    2 forks
    2 spoons
    2 plates
    a dozen coffee cups

the plastic and styrofoam kind or ones you keep washing? Ummm I suppose you have a goat for your lawn, too?

Keeps people from inviting themselves over to dinner and guarantees I'll never have to cook

Well.....ya gotta only invite people over who are great cooks, will bring the food and drinks and clean up afterwards

is someone sending the folded linens police to your house for inspections???? In a pile in the laundry room works until they get tossed in the closet.

folded linens police heeee heee
    lol

Hmm I always thought that was the purpose of having kids - to do the laundry, do dishes and any other job a parent doesn't wanna do
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

ABW Ambassador
    Ummm I suppose you have a goat for your lawn, too?
    That's what I need for this apartment, a goat! There's so much paper clutter around it would take a month to file it all. A goat would chomp it all down, problem solved - all gone, no filing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    And who cares what the darn sheet looks like in the closet.... is someone sending the folded linens police to your house for inspections???? In a pile in the laundry room works until they get tossed in the closet....
    YOu guys actually wash your sheets?? I like them "broken in"...

Here's some advise for the guys. Try to do your wife a favor and voluntarily do the laundry for her. Throw in her favorite cashmere sweater. It will shrink to the size of a Barbie doll. Before you know what hit you, you'll be relieved of laundry duty forever. Worked for me. No corner sheets or anything else to mess with.
    ~Ernie

Hmm I always thought that was the purpose of having kids - to do the laundry, do dishes and any other job a parent doesn't wanna do

That's what I need for this apartment, a goat! There's so much paper clutter around it would take a month to file it all. A goat would chomp it all down, problem solved - all gone, no filing to do.

Here's some advise for the guys. Try to do your wife a favor and voluntarily do the laundry for her. Throw in her favorite cashmere sweater. It will shrink to the size of a Barbie doll. Before you know what hit you, you'll be relieved of laundry duty forever. Worked for me. No corner sheets or anything else to mess with.

ooooh you guys are tooo funny I'm definitely loving this thread for a smile

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    helps, if you ever get curious what color they were

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

I just throw mine in the laundry bag and leave it until I want to switch what's on the bed. Who cares if it gets full of wrinkles? Once I stretch it out over the bed, they all go away anyway! Any stubborn wrinkles can be "ironed" afterwards by my 98.6 degree, all-natural bio-iron.

W*rk = bad. It's bad enough that I have to wash them!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Ern makes a point
    Many years ago while my wife was out of town for a couple of days, I thought I'd surprise her by doing the laundry. I carefully separated the whites from the color items, and then separated by whether it was pants, sweaters, blouses & shirts, socks etc.

I looked at the labels on some of the clothes and noted that a "warm" wash and tumble dry was recommended. But I knew from my brilliant deductive skills that HOT would get them cleaner and a hot dry would dry them quicker -so to the machines I went!

Couple of the sweaters became Barbie Doll attire, and some pants and blouses came out of the dryer a bit shrunk or twisted. Since then I have not been permitted to go near the washer and dryer (unless it to wash rags for the coffee shops). And I am soooo disappointed hehe....
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I almost spit out my drink when I saw this thread title. I actually said that EXACT phrase outloud last night. Not trying to fold the fitted sheet, which I admit I'm as bad at as anyone, but as I stood there moving it from corner to corner trying to figure out which direction it goes on the bed. Never fail I pick the wrong way and start out short sheeting the bed to figure it out.

Arrrrggh!

Too funny.

Sheri

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri
    I almost spit out my drink when I saw this thread title. I actually said that EXACT phrase outloud last night. Not trying to fold the fitted sheet, which I admit I'm as bad at as anyone, but as I stood there moving it from corner to corner trying to figure out which direction it goes on the bed. Never fail I pick the wrong way and start out short sheeting the bed to figure it out.
    Sheri
    Especially single sheets.... not enough width to figure it out on the first try....
    Deborah Carney

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast