Hi all..

I've never read any affiliate how-to books or manuals, but I know there are plenty available. I thought I'd pick up a few to take a look at how other people approach this game, and perhaps even learn a thing or two in the process..

So for those of you with some reading experience under your belt, what would you recommend - and why? BTW, I'm looking for high end information and not the basics.

Regards,
    TK

ABW Ambassador
    TK, what's "basic" and what's "high end" depends on what you've learned so far and where you want to go next.

A few of my favorites:

Ken Evoy's "Make Your Site Sell" has good material on designing an effective website that actually closes sales. When you read it, it seems like simple common sense, but so many sites get it wrong that I guess it's not nearly as basic as it seems. His ideas will help you spot merchant winners or losers a little earlier in the game. You'll find yourself arguing with his comments about search engines, though.

Jakob Nielsen http://useit.com/ for provocative reading on web site usability. Also helps you sort winners from losers. His book "The Practice of Simplicity" was practically an epiphanous experience for me.

The Non-Designer's Web Book, by Robin Williams and John Tollet. Excellent guide to graphic design principles. Helps you make pages that don't suck like vacuum cleaners.

Anyone have read "Killer Mini Sites"? http://www.killerminisites.com/ It seems like a good book. Is this book worth it?

Killer mini sites is a spin off of Marlon Sanders' amazing formula idea.

Basically it says write a (one or two page) sales letter with an order form and go to the bank.

It works to. You can simply go to Clickbank and read thru all the merchant stuff...the ones making the big bucks all use the same idea and you can learn about it for free.

I'd agree with Elizabeth - The Non-Designer's Web Book

Thanks all so for for your suggestions.. Are there any more to add to this list?

To get more specific, I'm looking for books relating to the methods of earning online as an affiliate, the techniques involved, and having been written by those who have made big bucks themselves..

On a background note.. I've been developing sites and online businesses for over 6 years now, and have earnt a fair whack in the process.. I'd just really like to find a different method or approach to my own to give me a little variation with all this..

Regards,
    TK

Hi,

James Martell here.

I have just completed an extremely comprehensive "how to" guide on affiliate marketing.

You can read a book review at: http://www.associateprograms.com/search/resources.shtml

We're getting great reviews.

It's not cheap, however, in my opinion it's the most detailed, step-by-step guide to affiliate marketing on the Net.

James

Hi James,

It appears there is two threads with the topic of your affiliate handbook in this forum..

I took a quick look over your site and I'm not sure its what I'm after.. Your methods are very similar to mine and I'm seeking something different. Then again, maybe I should buy it and give it to my brother so that I don't have to explain everything to him 6 times before he gets it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards,
    TK

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread