how do you stay on top of your coupon sites?
    IM pretty amazed at affiliates who run Coupon/discount affiliate sites as I can imagine they require a lot of work everyday,

adding new discounts
    removing old ones

How do you go about

1. Searching for new discounts
    2. adding them
    3. removing them when they expire?

thanks in advance

1) work
    2) work
    3) automatically done via script
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    1) work
    2) work
    3) automatically done via script
    for 1 and 2 i was looking to find out.. where do you usually look? in the networks?

and how do you add them.. of course it requires work but that doesnt really provide an answer.. im looking for..

I add them into my database or i paste them onto my html page etc..

3. what script do you use..

my own
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Hahahaa... that is a good one... as I thought there is no MAGIC BULLET.
    It is just pure hard work.

ill tell you why that magic bullet thread is silly

I agree there is no magic bullet for what will get you results as everything is testing

But certain questions can be answered

Like..

If you build a niche site.. here is a good approach

If you want to build a datafeed site, look at using these software tools, services, here is a book on datafeed that is good, follow that .. or go read this thread which takes you through the steps..

helpful stuff.. instead of replying with utter nonsense like

WORK

yes we all know its work.. but people like a idea of what scripts to use, etc..is that really hard to do.. lol
    Last edited by Morethanable; October 2nd, 2006 at 10:57 AM.

I know that's what you are asking for.

great help
    Last edited by Morethanable; October 2nd, 2006 at 10:57 AM.

You've been told lots.

ok, see you made a major edit on your last post. Seeing as how you have edited to add that, let me add this:
    If you want to build a datafeed site, look at using these software tools, services, here is a book on datafeed that is good, follow that .. or go read this thread which takes you through the steps..
    You have been shown and told about tools: goldencan, datafeedfile, etc.
    Books: php mysql, etc
    Steps: bulletproof datafeed thread, etc
    But it's not enough.
    You want more details, more sites, less wasting of your time and what you don't realize is YOU ARE WASTING OUR TIME.
    You have been given more than most here with the threads, links, etc you have been given or pointed to. Those weren't here when I or most of us started. You are damn lucky to be getting those.

Instead of whining all the time about what you aren't getting, START SPENDING SOME QUALITY TIME WITH WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN. YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO GET GOING. YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO NOT ONLY GET GOING BUT TO SUCCEED.

ill tell you why that magic bullet thread is a load of crap

I agree there is no magic bullet for what will get you results as everything is testing
    THEN SHUT THE F$#$ UP, START DOING SOMETHING AND DO SOME TESTING TO SEE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.
    IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DO THAT THEN NO, THIS IS NO PLACE FOR YOU.

People piss me off all the time, but never before have I wanted someone to just f$#$ off before. And brother, you are there. But that's just me. This'll help.

Rude to members here (Loxly) doing her DAMNDEST to not only help you, but prevent you from getting banned.
    Asking the same questions over and over and then NOT EVEN LISTENING to the answers, because they aren't what you WANT to hear.

At this point, to me you are a waste of time. But I know, I'll have the joy of seeing new threads popping up by you asking how to wipe your * every day or two when I hit the "new posts" button.

See you edited another post. Going to be staying then?
    here's a heads up ... editing one line out of my last post too.

ABW Ambassador
    1. Searching for new discounts - automated, from email or I search on the networks
    2. adding them - automated or through CMS
    3. removing them when they expire? automated or run a script

I'm constantly adding new merchants, deleting expired or non performing ones & still have hundreds of merchants always in line to add and take over ones that aren't doing well. I'm constantly looking for and developing new ideas, scripts and future plans. Lots, lots and lots of hard work. i have 300+ sites but the coupon sites take up 90% of my time.... I use scripts, 3rd part scripts, xml, php, asp, ,net, datafeeds, databases and everything in between. I've been doing this for 2.5 years up to 18 hours a day and I'm only about 5% there - i need a holiday but its now the busiest time of the year until January. There is much more to it after all this as i still have much promotion work to always do and that can take even more time. I really need to work 22 hours a day & sleep for 2 and I think it would all work out eventually.

If I had a choice to do it all again - NO WAY! but I'm too deep in it now to back out...

and i still dont make much $ - it sucks!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

You've been told lots.

ok, see you made a major edit on your last post. Seeing as how you have edited to add that, let me add this:

You have been shown and told about tools: goldencan, datafeedfile, etc.
    Books: php mysql, etc
    Steps: bulletproof datafeed thread, etc
    But it's not enough.
    You want more details, more sites, less wasting of your time and what you don't realize is YOU ARE WASTING OUR TIME.
    You have been given more than most here with the threads, links, etc you have been given or pointed to. Those weren't here when I or most of us started. You are damn lucky to be getting those.

Instead of whining all the time about what you aren't getting, START SPENDING SOME QUALITY TIME WITH WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN. YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO GET GOING. YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO NOT ONLY GET GOING BUT TO SUCCEED.

THEN SHUT THE F$#$ UP, START DOING SOMETHING AND DO SOME TESTING TO SEE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.
    IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DO THAT THEN NO, THIS IS NO PLACE FOR YOU.

People piss me off all the time, but never before have I wanted someone to just f$#$ off before. And brother, you are there. But that's just me. This'll help.

Rude to members here (Loxly) doing her DAMNDEST to not only help you, but prevent you from getting banned.
    Asking the same questions over and over and then NOT EVEN LISTENING to the answers, because they aren't what you WANT to hear.

At this point, to me you are a waste of time. But I know, I'll have the joy of seeing new threads popping up by you asking how to wipe your * every day or two when I hit the "new posts" button.

very nice, you really are a great asset to this forum and im sure the reason people pour into this place

I help when I can, I call bullshit when I have to.
    The reason people pour into this place is the abundance of info. The people that stick around are the ones that read, listen, think, do and repeat.

And it's funny, the ones that do that do well.

I help when I can, I call bullshit when I have to.
    The reason people pour into this place is the abundance of info. The people that stick around are the ones that read, listen, think, do and repeat.

And it's funny, the ones that do that do well.
    What's up with that popdawg?

Now I am !

I thought that "More than able" is a guy.

Best way to make a guy lose control or if he's losing control, stop and confuse him for a second is to blow him a kiss or give him a peck on the cheek in the scrum. Usually makes them think for a bit before proceeding.
    Learned that playing rugby.
    Also handy during road rage incidents. Some guy is honking at you and going off on you, blow him a kiss and usually they'll just drive off with a stupid look on their face.

Well, it helps if you look like me too and weigh 230+. MaDawg tries that, they would follow her home LOL

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by DataFeedFile.com
    Hahahaa... that is a good one... as I thought there is no MAGIC BULLET.
    It is just pure hard work.
    Yup. Shortcuts don't exist, for any type of site, coupon, datafeed, database, html, php, content, straight to cart, straight to merchant, it all takes research and work. Experience and patience. Unless you have the money to hire someone to do it all for you. And can find someone that will...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Also handy during road rage incidents. Some guy is honking at you and going off on you, blow him a kiss and usually they'll just drive off with a stupid look on their face.
    No way Josť!

I might slow down to 10 mph and just let the guy pass around, but there is no way I would blow him a kiss, I rather pull over and than do any unmanly gestures. Now, if there is a girl with him on his car, I may send her a kiss just to get even with the guy.

Well, it helps if you look like me too and weigh 230+.
    I will take the "Fifth" on that one.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Morethanable
    very nice, you really are a great asset to this forum and im sure the reason people pour into this place
    He is.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I really need to work 22 hours a day & sleep for 2 and I think it would all work out eventually.
    Ironically, this isn't as impossible as you might think. Have you ever heard of Polyphasic Sleeping? I haven't tried it myself, but have thought of it many times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep

Now go make that bacon!

-tm

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    how do you stay on top of your coupon sites?
    The key is keeping your site in its rightful place. I flog mine regularly until it submits willingly. I am the webmaster and have to teach it a lesson once in a while. I use my webmaster riding crop and some restraints when it gets all uppety with me.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    The key is keeping your site in its rightful place. I flog mine regularly until it submits willingly. I am the webmaster and have to teach it a lesson once in a while. I use my webmaster riding crop and some restraints when it gets all uppety with me.
    ROFLMAO... perfect
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    "IM pretty amazed at affiliates who run Coupon/discount affiliate sites as I can imagine they require a lot of work everyday,"

It is hard work but actually not that hard if it's just codes. A lot of coupon sites do a little more than that nowadays. Most of the codes expire at the end of the month so the first few days/first week of the month is very busy switching them all out. If you have hundreds of merchants, which most coupon sites have, then the first few days can be work all day type of days. After the first week, not so bad.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread