Does LS have CID type field like CJ
    Does anyone know if Linkshare has a free form character field that affiliates can use similar to CJ's CID field? Thanks.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Replace the "subid=#" with "&u1=???"

Instead of ??? put whatever you want there that will help you identify the site.

For example, if you site is called gizmos, you could put &u1=gizmos
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Wasn't this referring to webservices?
    Dholland,

I think your question was misinterpreted if you're referring to the webservices of both programs.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    Replace the "subid=#" with "&u1=???"

Instead of ??? put whatever you want there that will help you identify the site.

For example, if you site is called gizmos, you could put &u1=gizmos
    Michelle -
    CID is CJ's Merchant ID#, the answer you provided was correct if DHolland had been asking about "SID", but subid need not be replaced, but &u1 appended.

DHolland - Are you having any luck with Linkshare's webservices? (Link Locator Direct)

Chris

Sorry for the confusion everyone. I did mean SID and not CID. Thank you ~Michelle and bouffoc for the replys.

bouffoc - I haven't tried LS webservices yet (maybe this weekend). I've been battling CJ 'snew webservices with little success. It's inconsistent at best.

LS has signature tracking. You need to contact them to have it enabled on your account.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Info about the signature prog
    LinkShare’s Sub Affiliate Tracking & Reporting Mechanism
    On January 31, 2006, LinkShare will be phasing out our Sub Affiliate tracking and reporting mechanism used by some of our affiliate partners. Sub Affiliates are created in the LinkShare interface by accessing the Sub Affiliates section of Your Account.

We have determined that this Sub Affiliate feature is largely redundant to our Signature (also known as u1) product. Signature offers our affiliates the same ability to track affiliate referrals based upon their source, but Signature offers this capability in a more flexible and scalable manner.

If you presently use our Sub Affiliate tracking and reporting feature, we ask that you follow these steps to submit a request to be enabled for our Signature technology:
    --Access the Affiliate Resource Center found in the upper right hand corner of your Home Page
    --Select the LinkShare Signature Technology link in the Products & Services section
    --Review the LinkShare Signature Overview
    --Submit the Signature Request form to signature@linkshare.com

Please note, as of January 31st the reporting interface will no longer support Sub Affiliate reporting. If you currently rely upon this tracking capability, it’s important that you convert to Signature by the January 31, 2006 deadline.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread