Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    webmerge users please stand up
    Who honestly uses webmerge here.. I get the feeling most dont, they use databasedriven instead .. would that be right

Quote Originally Posted by Morethanable
    Who honestly uses webmerge here.. I get the feeling most dont, they use databasedriven instead .. would that be right
    I use WebMerge.

I don't use databasedriven, because databasedriven is too difficult.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I use it - and shouldn't this be in the actual WEBMERGE forum?

At the moment I don't use datafeeds.

Although I appreciate the goodwill from SAS (and especially Andy) with their offer of a "free webmerge program" (but I believe the program offered is one that would only work with SAS feeds) I will honestly say that I did not jump at the offer although I almost did.

At the time (when the offer was first made) in order to get a refund for the program I would have had to sign up for programs with Andy that at the time were not a "perfect fit" for my site.
    It seemed as if in order to qualify I would have had to display a working website with the feed in order to get the refund -- the offer was a little too convoluted a girl with light brown/dark honey blonde hair like me

Having said that, for those who did take advantage of the offer, Mr. Sal has been kind enough to create templates and I believe that the information has been stickied as to how to obtain them.

You asked in one thread (and I'll address it here because this is related) where can you get the templates so you can analyze them?
    Mr. Sal has made a couple (for SAS) and so has Oscar (I believe for Linkshare programs?).

I believe that if you look in the computer section of your local library that you will find PHP and MySQL books -- if not, they are readily available in bookstores and/or Amazon. I think PHP & MySQL are key programs -- perhaps a more experienced webmaster can embellish upon these details.

It seems as if webmasters sort the feed through Excel and a free program mentioned somewhere by Mr. Sal (look at his posts).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    Have you looked around the webmerge forum? It's full of people that do use webmerge, and has tutorials (not video though) and there is a separate version to use with Shareasale merchants. I personally know several affiliates making most of their income from correctly made and marketed webmerge sites. No, they won't show them to you However, on the WebMerge website there are links to sites that have given permission to have them shown as example sites. There are some examples scattered in the webmerge forum also.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Good point, Billy. Thread moved.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar

I have been a WM user since 2003, since my Tiger days when we used it with Data Feeds. I have sold it, given it away, used it on my own websites when i was an active affiliate and am a good friend of the developer - WM Rocks !!

Of course, you need imagination and a little work

Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Cool
    and the more imagination you put in, the better everything works.

I certainly use it (Thank You, Andy!) for quite a few sites and I'm getting better and better at it every time.

OK, Where is the "free webmerge program" thread? I couldn't find it. Still valid or am I SOL?

I use Webmerge for several of my sites. It's worth every penny that I paid for it.

The only drawback is the lack of updates to add new features and ways of creating the feed.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

We use WebMerge to generate all product and index pages at our e-commerce site (QuoteProducts).

I also use WebMerge for creating my personal web sites, including a number of sites generated from merchant datafeeds.

When I get some free time, I plan to convert my last remaining "database-driven" web site to a series of static pages generated with WebMerge. (I had planned to do this over this past weekend, but was distracted by a very unpleasant illness.)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I use different things on different sites.

WM on some
    PHP/MySQL on some
    And hand-typed pages on some.

They each have their own positives and negatives.

We use WebMerge to generate all product and index pages at our e-commerce site (QuoteProducts).
    That was a bad idea for you to post that info , and for me to repeat that info quoting it .

Now we're going to get one million WM users traying to make their sites look exactly like the (QuoteProducts) site, because not they know it can be done with WM.

There goes the neighborhood, now we're going to have to with more competition.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Way cool!!! Great implementation... I considered doing this for an ecommerce site a couple of years ago, now might rethink that idea!
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I use WebMerge.

I don't use databasedriven, because databasedriven is too difficult.
    you laughed after lol.. was you serious that its too difficult or after reading thousands posts and the magic bullet thread you realized that nooone was going to give you the steps to how to do it LOL.. join the club

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I use it - and shouldn't this be in the actual WEBMERGE forum?

Yes but do you use it alone or do you use msql aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    You asked in one thread (and I'll address it here because this is related) where can you get the templates so you can analyze them?
    Mr. Sal has made a couple (for SAS) and so has Oscar (I believe for Linkshare programs?).

where are they??

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Have you looked around the webmerge forum? It's full of people that do use webmerge, and has tutorials (not video though) and there is a separate version to use with Shareasale merchants. I personally know several affiliates making most of their income from correctly made and marketed webmerge sites. No, they won't show them to you However, on the WebMerge website there are links to sites that have given permission to have them shown as example sites. There are some examples scattered in the webmerge forum also.
    Sounds good

I do own webmerge and dabbled a bit with it.. wasnt bad.. but then i learned that all the diehard datafeed users.. were going with mysql as it was easier for updating and useage of scripts.. plus most webmerge sites google has dropped ( from what i heard , maybe im wrong )

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch

I also use WebMerge for creating my personal web sites, including a number of sites generated from merchant datafeeds.

When I get some free time, I plan to convert my last remaining "database-driven" web site to a series of static pages generated with WebMerge. (I had planned to do this over this past weekend, but was distracted by a very unpleasant illness.)

why do you have a CART on quoteproducts if your an affiliate, wouldnt you just link to the merchant site?

second..why are you changing from database driven to static with webmerge?

third i see google hasnt indexed your site is it new.. or have you fallen prey to the google hates webmerge sites lol

where are they??
    I haven't used them yet but I gave you the names you could have used in a search to find info (you could still do that)

This is all I know, I don't know any more because I have not used them yet:

http://mydatafeedscripts.com/

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77970

I hope the above links are helpful
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I haven't used them yet but I gave you the names you could have used in a search to find info (you could still do that)

This is all I know, I don't know any more because I have not used them yet:

http://mydatafeedscripts.com/

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77970

I hope the above links are helpful
    Oh its sal that owns mydatafeedscripts? and made those demo sites

Oh its sal that owns mydatafeedscripts? and made those demo sites
    No, Oscar's site is http://mydatafeedscripts.com/

Oscar is http://forum.abestweb.com/member.php?u=12097

Sal made some templates in collaboration with SAS

You can get lots of tips from Sal's posts; search his posts.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I have purchased a number of script from mydatafeedscripts.com and always chat/email with someone by the name of Lilian in AU. She's very friendly, helpful and quick to get things working.

Affiliate Manager
    plus most webmerge sites google has dropped ( from what i heard , maybe im wrong )
    Why risk spreading misinformation if you don't know?

WebMerge leaves no trace when it generates pages. Google can't know which ones are made by WebMerge and which ones are made by any other HTML tool.

WebMerge is very convenient, and the pages it makes are no better or worse than the same pages mady by any other method, whether MySQL or some other script or by hand....
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    Why risk spreading misinformation if you don't know?

WebMerge leaves no trace when it generates pages. Google can't know which ones are made by WebMerge and which ones are made by any other HTML tool.

WebMerge is very convenient, and the pages it makes are no better or worse than the same pages mady by any other method, whether MySQL or some other script or by hand....

more control over what appears.. you cant mask affilaite links with webmerge, all links including images point from the merchants site vs your site.. its pretty obvious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast