Preparing for the Holidays
    Hey everyone, I thought that I might share some ideas.

Well, Halloween is approaching and a lot of people new to affiliate programs have been asking me:

"Hey Rohab, should an affiliate gear up for a holiday season if they want to cash in on it?"

My answer "why not?!"

First ask yourself: "Is the product that I am an affiliate for one that people will be searching the Internet for to purchase during this holiday?"

If the answer is yes then I would suggest putting in some time and effort into preparing a holiday mini site. You may be surprised at the amount of hits you get during the holidays if you are an affiliate for a hot product!

Here are some suggestions to prepare your site for the holidays. If you have any more, or if you can refine my techniques please respond to this post!

1. begin by making a mini holiday site. This is a site that can be branched off from your main site as a sub-domain.

Working from a sub domain is a good idea for a holiday theme site as this will help you keep your holiday theme mini site separate from your larger site.

This will be good for taking down the holiday site after the holiday. Less headaches during the holiday = good (lol).

2. Save a copy of your current index on your computer where it won't be affected. Put it in a place you know you will remember where you put it later.

3.Now edit your index page's look and save it as an alternate index.html document to upload. Make all of your new index's links directed toward your new holiday site.

FYI: remeber to take your holiday theme site down after the holiday-and, oh yeah.... remember to take your Christmas lights down too

You may make your best conversion rates during the holidays so it is wise to make a little extra effort in making a site like this.

Start up your mini site a month in advance of the holiday if it is a big holiday like Christmas and take down the site a month after.

Taking the site down is easy, just replace your holiday index file with your original index file that you saved on your computer.

Save the subdomain from your server to your own computer to put up again next year!

Take the sub domain off the server.

People will appreciate that your mini site reflects the season's theme and may buy through your channels rather than the competition's based on this!

bye for now

-Rohab

What does this have to do with Webmerge?
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

oops sorry about that

I posted in the wrong area.

Here are some suggestions to prepare your site for the holidays. If you have any more, or if you can refine my techniques please respond to this post!

1. begin by making a mini holiday site. This is a site that can be branched off from your main site as a sub-domain.

Working from a sub domain is a good idea for a holiday theme site as this will help you keep your holiday theme mini site separate from your larger site.

This will be good for taking down the holiday site after the holiday. Less headaches during the holiday = good (lol).

2. Save a copy of your current index on your computer where it won't be affected. Put it in a place you know you will remember where you put it later.
    You should never take down any holiday site after that holiday is over, first there is no reason to do that, and second, by leaving the holiday site up after the holiday is over, you have the chance of making off-holiday sales from those pages now, and by the next time that such holiday come back again, you will be having those pages already listed on the SE's.

Never take down any page that is already listed on the SE's, unless there is a real valid reason to do that, like if they're going to a bad merchant and you can't find a replacement for it. But even then, you can just remove the links to the bad merchant, and fill that page with Adsense or something similar.

It took me a while to figure it out, but it's a very bad idea to remove any page or directory from your site, if those are already included on any SE and you're getting any traffic from it already.

that's a good point, thanks

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread