I'm about to start putting together a large mini-site (if this isn't an oxymoron) promoting the GiftWrap.com affiliate program.

Before I commit too much time to it, can anyone tell me if there are any major pitfalls you've found with this program? (Or indeed if it works well for you - also reassuring!)

Thanks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The only problem I see is ggetting the Fedx and UPS drivers to wrap the packages on their routes..even if you gave them the free wrapping and ribbons.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Watch out for non-giftwrap specialty items as they tend to go OOS fairly quickly.

I don't send them much traffic, but what traffic I do send them converts well.

edited to add: Another pitfall, IMO -- my average sale for them is about $29.00 -- that's the sale dollars, not the commish...

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

[This message was edited by Cedric on September 05, 2002 at 09:07 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I found them a bit of a PITA, because many ittems were no longer listed, and had to check each item to check. Setting up for xmas.
    New program for me so no idea on conversions

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    I found them a bit of a PITA, because many ittems were no longer listed, and had to check each item to check.

I second that. Most links are from last year and no longer sell items.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I don't know how well a mini site would do, but I've just recently had a huge sale from one text link on my gifts page. Largest CJ commish to date! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by erninator:
    I don't know how well a mini site would do, but I've just recently had a huge sale from one text link on my gifts page. Largest CJ commish to date! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Don't mention it here. It will get reversed. I had a sale last December for $3500, with $520+ ommission. Thanks God I did know about this forum as I would have mentioned it. Never got reversed. Maybe it was a present from Odin, or some such God, as my wife and I were in serious financial shit then. Things are better now and we might not ever go back to a "proper job" ever again unless by choice.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread