Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What time you go to bed and rise?
    I try to be in bed by 12 then up by 8

Internet Cowboy
    My GF maintains the 8-5 thing, so we are in bed by 10 and usually up around 6. I sometimes stay up late working if I can't sleep or have something that must be done now. A few times each month I stay in bed until 10 or so and it drives her mad....only because she can't!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morethanable
    I try to be in bed by 12 then up by 8
    I do hope you don't mean up by 8 in the M*RNING!

I usually go to bed about sunrise, but sometimes stay up a bit later. If you see posts of mine timestamped in the AM, chances are high that I hadn't been to bed yet that day.

Steady m*rning hours are for those unfortunate enough to still be employed. *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I do hope you don't mean up by 8 in the M*RNING!

I usually go to bed about sunrise, but sometimes stay up a bit later. If you see posts of mine timestamped in the AM, chances are high that I hadn't been to bed yet that day.

Steady m*rning hours are for those unfortunate enough to still be employed. *shudder*
    So you like being up at night.. and sleep in the day?

I cant my kids go to school so have to be up to take them

Internet Cowboy
    I love early morning, sitting on the patio drinking coffee and watching the wildlife.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    12am-zzzz
    6am work

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I hit it about 9:30 to 10 most nights and rise from 4:30 - 5:30. Like Scooter, early morning is my favorite time of day. Brisk air, quiet serenity, wildlife, a good Mocha or Capuccino, and my thoughts......
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    Lately it's been going to bed around 5AM and up around 1PM. I'm really trying to get it around 2AM and wake up around the 9AM - 10AM range.

I just can't find a way to get to sleep at 10PM or so.

Used to be 10PM, then 12AM, then 2AM. Now I'm lucky to go to sleep and stay asleep, and get at least 4 total hours, without getting up for one reason or another. Too much thinking, and too much coffee.

I go to bed when ever my pookie calls me to bed.

I wake up when ever I feel like it.

I don't have a set hours. I only wake up early when I have something planned.

Sleeping by midnight to 1 am, up by 6:45. Hard when you have to get kids ready for school.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Ditto - But on school days, I have to be up by 7 to get my younger daughter to school. It's serious torture the first few weeks of school because if I can, I'll stay up all night and sleep all morning which is what I do until school starts. Mornings are great - I just function better and have better creative insights at night and especially after midnight.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Hmmm..this entire thread depends on rather or not I am at an affiliate conference or at poker night.

Usually to bed at 1am and up at 8:30am

At conferences and poker nights - bed maybe 4am and up...yes.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morethanable
    So you like being up at night.. and sleep in the day?
    Yes! Whenever I try to get up early, I feel like a truck ran over me or worse. It's horrible!! Therefore I avoid it like a plague. Even when I did empl*yment, I did night or afternoon jobs, not morning ones.

And the idea of "going to bed sooner" that day-people often spew is just ridiculous: When the entire body is saying, "now is the time to be awake!!" there is no going to bed.
    Not that I'd want to. I see no need to ruin my normal-for-me sleep just to conform to the nonsense that day is somehow better. And it is nonsense, thanks to Thomas Edison and his wonderful invention, electric lights
    I cant my kids go to school so have to be up to take them
    Annnndd there's another reason to homeschool, and another thing that sucks about regular school.

All that good stuff the others are saying about the morning is best enjoyed right before bed. Dawn IS relaxing--watching it is a great way to enter sleep-land.

And it's nice to watch the neighbors starting up their cars, knowing that while they're slaving away in their j*bs, exhausted and bleary-eyed, I'll be soundly snoring.

For the past few years I've had no firm schedule at all. Bed when I want, up when I want, eat when I want, etc.

And guess what! I usually go to bed between 9 and 11 PM and get up around 7 or 8.

But it's because I want to, not because someone makes me. I do prefer sleeping in the dark and being up in the daytime.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Ben Franklin once said "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise". To that I say "Who the F### needs a clock?"
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    Ben Franklin once said "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise". To that I say "Who the F### needs a clock?"
    Indeed...he didn't have cable and ABW...
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

ABW Ambassador
    My favorite author: Charles Bukowski - “Never get out of bed before noon”

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    No wonder I love C.B.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I'd like to quote Mark Twain:

(July 3, 1864)

"Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." - Benjamin Franklin.

"I don't see it." - George Washington

Now both of these are high authorities - very high and respectable authorities - but I am with General Washington first, last, and all the time on this proposition.

Because I don't see it, either.

I have tried getting up early, and I have tried getting up late - and the latter agrees with me best ...

{snip a large portion}

Now, for that early trip, I am not any healthier or any wealthier than I was before, and only wiser in that I know a good deal better than to go and do it again.

[source]
    Be sure you read Mark Twain: Cliff House @ 4 AM -- it's a good read.

Oh, please don't tell my Mommy that I stay up late
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Those people weren't as cool as Bukowski tho

Those people weren't as cool as Bukowski tho
    Roughing It kept me laughing -- so I think Twain is pretty cool

[I don't want to mislead anyone -- the above quote was not from Roughing It, but it's a good read too.]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Merchant & ABW Ambassador

I just can't find a way to get to sleep at 10PM or so.
    Ambien®

Up at 3:30 AM and hit the sack at 11:00 PM. Why? Just to make Leader shudder. Actually I get my best work done before the phone rings around 8:00.
    ~Ernie

People sleep??????? My cure for insomnia:

• Take a long shower
    • Put on your softest oldest sleepwear
    • Turn on a fan, placing it near enough to feel the breeze (even in the winter)
    • Have enough blankets to pull over you if you are chilled
    • Turn off the lights and all electrical distractions (computer/tv)
    Now close your eyes…

Picture yourself waking up on a small deserted island. Your boat lies on its side, disabled, but with enough items still aboard to help you survive.

You spot a cave entrance high on a rock cliff. The only way to it is by climbing a tree and swinging into it which you manage to do. Its safe inside and you haul enough things up with a rope to make it comfortable.

Your warm from the sun, yet your skin feels a slight chill from the ocean breeze as you work to prepare your new dwelling for the first night of sleep.

As sunset comes, you sit inside the opening of the cave and watch as the sun casts its art over the water. The breeze seems to massage your skin, your eyes blink as you try to keep them opened for no other purpose but to worry about your situation.

But the realization that there is nothing you can change, no more you can do at that moment to alter the point that life has brought you to, takes your mind from worry to acceptance. You feel a sense of peace, which you have never known.

The wind continues to blow…the surf with its rhythmic motion is hypnotic, soothing…and you ever so gently release your mind, relax your fears and drift into sleep.

Well it works for me anyway~
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast