Argggggggggggggggh!
    So today while taking my youngest daughter to a doctors appointment, a high school senior plows into the back of my Honda Pilot.. None of us were hurt unless we wake up unable to move tomorrow - but it took over 3 freaking hours for the police to arrive to file a report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i'm waiting for the tow truck to come and take away my Pilot because it appears there is some damage to the undercarriage as it was making really weird noises as I tried to get home, had someone take a look before I did drive it all the way home and was told i'd be ok to get it back here but I don't want to risk driving it 20 miles to my repair shop.

I Thank God that nobody was seriously injured.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Wow, I'm glad to hear everybody is okay! Bummer about the Honda, hope they were insured!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Glad you're not hurt.

Hopefully there's not too much damage, just something fairly irrelevant knocked loose or something like that.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

yes they were insured but since NY has no fault insurance, its still gonna cost me about $500 cuz thats what my deductible is and there is still a chance my insurance will go up even though it was this girls fault, she freely admits it too
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, sorry about the accident and the car damage Heidi, but glad no one was hurt (fingers crossed).

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Sorry to hear about your fender-bender. I'm glad you all are okay but sorry to hear that the car's ailing. Hope it turns out to be nothing major.

Geez H, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are ok though. Take it easy for a few days and be sure.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Heidi, good to hear no one was seriously hurt. Accidents are a pain..and the fact that it took the police 3 hours to get there must've made it even more enjoyable!

Glad you and yours are alright H.

At least the girl and her father were good company. Had he been a total jerk towards his daughter because of the accident it would have been far worse, but he was just happy everyone was ok too and handled it really well. Nice guy. It was rather embarrasing for the girl considering she's in my daughters senior class at the same high school and many of her classmates were on the busses that went by or they drove by while we were sitting there waiting. I felt bad for her.

Greece police here had a very busy day, apparently a school bus flipped on the expressway, no kids inside - the cop who came to us finally was at that scene and said the bus driver fell asleep! They also had a burglary/forgery bust that went bad or something and ended up with a chase that had roads closed all over the town. This accident was considered very very low priority because nobody was hurt - hence the 3 hour wait or so we were told.

The tow truck finally came and took my Pilot away so now i can finally try to finish relaxing and go take a soak in the hot tub and hope that my pains in my back is nothing more than stress, if so the tub will take care of it and I'll feel good as new!
    Heidi

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    glad you are OK.

over in houston - I called the cops when i got rear ended. Their question is
    Is anyody hurt?
    Is your car drivable?

If Nobody is injured and you can drive. Just exchange insurance information and go lodge a police report within 72 hrs.
    If

I'm sorry to hear of the accident and I know how stressful the situation must have been. I hope everyone is okay.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Dang - very happy to hear you're all OK but ... expect to wake up stiff and sore tomorrow. The hot tub now is a good idea. Drag your daughter in with you. A wouldn't hurt either.

I love that this girl's dad was so cool about things. Good fathers are rare and he deserves accolades for not flipping out. Nice example for both girls.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    yes they were insured but since NY has no fault insurance, its still gonna cost me about $500 cuz thats what my deductible is and there is still a chance my insurance will go up even though it was this girls fault, she freely admits it too
    if your insurance company wants to assign you ANY PERCENTAGE of fault, protest it -- that is when your insurance goes up.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hey Heidi - happy to hear that you are all OK. I got rear ended by a 54 ton RTD bus years ago while sitting at a stop light. The "student" driver who was on a training drive did not notice the red light and hit me at about 30 mph.

I never saw it coming. Next thing I knew, I was flat on my back looking up at people who were standing over me asking if I was OK. From what witnesses said, when the bus hit me, I flew out the back window of my Ford pickup truck and landed on someones lawn about 20 ft away!! Luckily, I walked away without injury.

I hope you both feel good tomorrow - and that they get that Honda fixed soon. Great to hear that you were not seriously injured!!
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; October 3rd, 2006 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Well my daughter has whiplash and muscle strain as a result of the accident - not much they can do for her other than 600 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours, and heat and ice in between - ended up taking her to the emergency room this morning. Have to take her to see our regular doc in 2-3 days so probably not til tuesday as this is columbus day weekend coming up. Such fun... NOT
    Heidi

ooooh I'm sorry for your daughter. Glad you're ok but sorry for her Just my opinion...but hmm not sure I should be naming names. ok starts with ....opposite of subtract would be???? hmm ok another word for a small town might be ....... then subtract the lage from it. lol

If your emergency rooms are anything like ours....just trying to survie all the waiting is enough to make you feel worse.

Hope your daughter feels better

we were actually in and out of the emergency room in just about an hour - I had to take my other daughter to emergency saturday night because of an allergic reaction to food she ate and we were in and out in about 2 hours - guess my kids pick good times to need emergency room services

Of course now i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop as they say bad things come in 3's and this is my 2nd trip to the hospital in less than a week....
    Heidi

Whiplash is no fun, but you caught it early on. I've had 3 rear end accidents, and never went to the doctor for them - paying a nice price for it now though.

Anyway, best of luck, and I hope it stops at 2, Heidi!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread