ABW Ambassador
    I will be adding reference books to my resources section. Who has the best affiliate program for books? I'm looking for more of the technical books, such as HTML design, PHP, Perl, UNIX, and other web developement books. I'd like to have product links with images if possible. Who would you guys recommend?

Uhhhh... is there a reason you don't want to go with Amazon? My CR there was great even before getting paid for third party sales. I have to admit I am SHOCKED, SIMPLY SHOCKED at how many second hand books I sell (I don't market books, actually, but people toss them in their shopping baskets like gum at the check out stand).

I use Cusimano scripts amazon.pl to make custom links. That way you always get fresh results and don't end up sending your visitor to a non-existing page. Otherwise there are plenty of linking options.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am SHOCKED, SIMPLY SHOCKED at how many second hand books I sell <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be. At $50 - $60 a pop for most new computer books, I started buying "used" this year and saved a bundle. I used to spend many thousands each year on books. On Amazon, "used" isn't necessarily "second hand" - more often it's a current book that is a new "second". For example, O'Reilly's Programming Coldfusion would have cost $49.95 new but I got it for $19.99. I mark all my books up with notes and highlighters anyway so it doesn't matter to me that it has 10 pages that stick up a little higher than the rest.

[ 06-14-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

ABW Ambassador
    There was no knocking of Amazon. I just don't have experience with marketing books...didn't know who was the best [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

@eaglefire: Oh, I am not shocked at the fact that 2nd hand/third party books sell. Believe me, I have spent major portions of my life in used book stores and the used sections of book stores [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] . It's just that since I almost never market books, I was amazed at how many I sell :eek: . I'm a big marker-upper, too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !

@Tom: Well, BAMM at cj lowered their commish, B&N usually doesn't get the type of rave from affiliates, don't know about half.com, or good old Powells.com (I went to a Portland college and spent a LOT of time at Powells). My CR at Amazon never slips below 2%, currently at about 3.2% even with my not-so-great ad copy.

You only get 2.5% on third party sales, but it still adds up.

However, there is still the scumware issue.

Ow.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread