ABW Ambassador
    what's up with reporting
    all my new transactions at cj this october are leads, no sales. weird. something is wrong.

I've got some sales posting, not as many as I'd like but they're there.

Mine seems normal. I got both leads and sales.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks

I've got some sales posting, not as many as I'd like but they're there.
    Me Too.

It's funny, I got going on SAS recently, and it seems like when SAS is up CJ is down. To get everything "firing on all cylinders" seems like a challenge.

Very slow for me too. There was a huge gap of empty sales during prime hours today. It seems to me CJ's recent sales distribution has been more and more abnormal.

I, too, am having a strangely quiet October, which I wouldn't bother commenting on, except for the fact that I've started getting invalid clicks in my report that have nothing to do with me (not my websites, not my merchants).

If I'm getting reports of another affiliate's clicks, then what's to say someone else isn't getting mine?

ABW Ambassador
    worst scenario

somebody gets the sale, then you get the reversal.
    since reversals are now really hard to find in the reports, you won't really notice it.

can this happen?

Bethany,

Have you taken a look at these pages to see what they were? Did someone lift the code off your pages and not change the links?

Not saying that CJ can't mess this up...I'm just asking how far you checked into it.

First thing I did was check the referring pages but I didn't see anything recognizable. They couldn't have lifted code off my pages, I use redirects.

It's not the first time this has happened, btw. I was going to ignore it but Waytogo has a good point about possible reversals, so I just emailed CJ.

CJ is doing considerably better for me this month than the start of September. I'm very happy with what I'm seeing.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    If I'm getting reports of another affiliate's clicks, then what's to say someone else isn't getting mine?
    you are not the only person who has this mindset. i do and i had proof about the irregularities. and so did one other person, I believe that's Trust, which is rare that we agree on something. we were credited with commish from links with SIDs that are not our own.

granted that the amount involved was small, maybe $3 in commish on two different occasions, not enough to ruffle feathers, but the misbehaving technology is there.

my concern expecially were dishonest employees and affiliate managers who might use this to steer commish to their dummy-registered accounts. if they then credit the reversals to somebody else, cj will not notice this because the overall numbers still equal, although the details do not.

i do applaud cj for the its recent turnaround in stopping the practice of cj employees acting as affiliates on the side. since cj employees have the insider knowledge of the bugs in the system, they can certainly use this to their advantage if they are allowed to be an affiliate.

right now, cj is like playing the slot machines. if you happen to be on the right one at the right time, you get more than you expect. othertimes, you can end up with almost nothing for a while.

Bethany,

document everything including any pids that you see on the page as well, they maybe able to use the associated pid to find out how/who made this happen.

it sounds backassward, but if you hold their hand and give them every clue you can find, it might help NQ (the department that needs to look at this) to find the issue.

Regarding the reversals are they not handled on the transaction number vs being tracked down by the pid? Think about it...they are reversing the commission (or a part of) generated by the transaction not the just the commission.

ABW Ambassador
    i have a recent reversal with original transaction amount equal to zero.

that means that if you add the zero and the reversal, it's net effect on your balance is negative, not zero (which should be if you're just reversing an earlier amount)

when cj was still reporting sales and reversals as separate transactions, it is easy to audit if the reversal did indeed refer to a previously existing sale. now there are a lot of things that leave us clueless.

Please check Performance Reports| Best Performing Links in your account.
    I found many merchants I didn't promote this month show up some clicks but no sale.

and the merchants I promoted have very slow sales compare to last month.
    I need traffic. I need traffic.I need traffic. I need traffic.I need traffic. I need traffic.I need traffic. I need traffic.I need traffic. I need traffic. That's what I need. I need it.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread