Question How do you keep up with all those coupons?
    They aren't in the datafeeds (are they?). Some of you have a thousand coupons. How do you change them all? I know some of the Merchants change once a month others maybe more and some get angry if the old coupon codes are left up, so they have to be kept up with.

Thanks for any help.

ABW Ambassador
    Update throughout the day. First few days/first week of the month, the busiest since most coupons expire at the end of the month, so the beginning of the month = long days putting up the new ones.

Get a database with auto expire on it, then set everything to expire when it is supposed to. Many started with ( or still have) pages that are manually updated. Dreamweaver is a good tool if you don't have access to a database.

I give up with coupon site. too many hardwork and slow progress

Quote Originally Posted by Affnice
    Could be good if you have natural SEO.

If you pick a niche that's not so general you'll have an easier time. I only post coupons for my niche so it's really not too bad. Another thing I did was hire a coupon editor to add coupons to my database as they come, so I don't even need to think about it.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    [UNDERSTATEMENT]Niche coupon sites are worth exploring as an affiliate.[/UNDERSTATEMENT]

I spend time looking for coupons that AREN't in a database and easily available to 1000s of other coupon sites.
    But then, when I find 'em I have my site set up so they only take less than a minute to add.
    Still some work to do on the expiring coupons...

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    [UNDERSTATEMENT]Niche coupon sites are worth exploring as an affiliate.[/UNDERSTATEMENT]
    I know it's going to be obvious to you who are experienced, but I find it to be a relative term. What does it mean to have a "niche" in affiliate marketing? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    I know it's going to be obvious to you who are experienced, but I find it to be a relative term. What does it mean to have a "niche" in affiliate marketing? Thank you.
    May I take a stab at that?

A "niche" is a small, specialized area -- a specific focus that is perhaps overlooked by other affiliates as opposed to a broad topic that could encompass a wide range of products.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    Along with what Rhia said. Instead of having a coupon site with every category imaginable, pick one and build a site around it. Have a sporting goods coupon/deal site, along those lines. I like the every category imaginable type myself

>>Dreamweaver is a good tool if you don't have access to a database.

why ?

what feature and benefit of DW ?

As someone who used to toy around with LinkShare, I'm wondering how you could possibly upload a coupon with your affiliate ID in under a minute. With TigerDirect, for example, it used to take me a few minutes just to find the product before generating a link for it. Has something changed since my affiliate days?

You have to update latest coupons and deals every day. At (edited out spam) we update between 30 - 50 new deals and coupon every day, and we have hired a coupon editor for that. Also, you have to make the best of the technology available, like using the web services offered by LinkShare or Commision Junction(edited out spam) also offers the latest coupons and deals as RSS feeds, grouped by store and category, if you're intereted..
    Last edited by Trust; January 17th, 2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spam

arh
    Quote Originally Posted by Affnice
    Im almost ready too, there are so many merchants that are clueless and dont update their offers.(exspecially some merchants using linkshare, not all)

There is great money to be made, but the merchants let us down

the only way to work is

- auto-updating text links
    - auto-updating banner links (readable text in banner, multiple banners for different promotions)
    - information is clear and not confusing
    - the merchants will not forget updating expired promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Get a database with auto expire on it, then set everything to expire when it is supposed to. Many started with ( or still have) pages that are manually updated. Dreamweaver is a good tool if you don't have access to a database.
    The auto expire thing is HUGE. I had a terrible time keeping up before I added this option to my database entries. Now I'm not wonderful at it, but much better!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

oh boy....would love to borrow somebody else's avatar or sig for this one....cos I know I'm gonna sound like a total dummy...but here goes anyway. Even spotted this a while back but didn't wanna face up to being such a dummy but guess if I ever want to find the answer out

uh... what is it.....or where do you find it.... or how do you make it referring to the:
    "Get a database with auto expire on it, then set everything to expire when it is supposed to"

Don't have a clue what this is.....so realize you're talking to a dummy on the subject. is this something you yourself would make? If so....would I possibly live long enough to learn how to do it?

Is it something you would buy but then probably still have to learn how to use it? Am I gonna live long enough?

Is it something you find somewhere that you don't have to buy that a fairly intelligent person might be able to figure out? (I am more intelligent than I probably appear at times, here. but then again when it comes to computer stuff.....maybe not)

Dreamweaver was mentioned...do you have to have it in order to have this?

Would this have anything to do with learning php?? And if so....considering I might possibly live long enough to accomplish that....would I then be able to do the database?

Guess those are enough questions to probably confuse me even more for now. Would definitely love to have a way to not continually have to update coupons, etc.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread