ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Show Stopper Bug in Promotion Feed
    Hello,

I thought this had been fixed but I now see it is not. As I'm using quite a number of ShareASale merchants then there are quite a few promotions I download each day using the "Quick Database of all available coupons" option which I helped ShareASale to develop based on my feedback a few years ago. I even emailed ShareASale about this but never herd back? I checked a few weeks ago and it looked like it was working but I now see it is not again.

Let me explain more about what is happening....

If I select the "Quick Database of all available coupons" at the top of the promotional datafeed page then I will be able to download the feed full of all my merchants. Now after I download I see that a number of my merchants and the promotions are not included in the file I download. I'm sure the reason is because many of the promotions are outdated and so old that they take up the 1001 limit (it used to be 250, then 500 but is obviously growing dramatically as I have requested this number to be increased if all the out dated and links data that should not even be there is included) .I have often requested merchants to make use of this datafeed so links can be updated easily but it looks like I'm been affected now. So I should be downloading all my current offers but instead I'm getting a whole load of junk which includes merchants Pending, Merchants that rejected my application going way back 2 years ago etc etc.

I have been wondering why sales are so low lately and I see why now. By the time I run my script on the promotions to clean out all the old ones I'm left with about 250 promotions but there should be many more.

Please do something about this as it is really effecting things for me a lot, many of my merchants are missing out on sales and I have been asking for this to be fixed for so long and its getting so bad now as you can see and I was fearing it would come to this where sales would be affected and now my merchants promotions are not even been displayed because of all these merchants who full the promotion feed up with all their links which I should not even be downloading and should not be included in my file.

It's coming into the busy season and I would really appreciate if this could be fixed once and for all and I'm sure other affiliates and merchants would like this this fixed as well..
    Last edited by glittered; October 5th, 2006 at 12:02 PM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, I'm making some progress here but I'm at a point where I can not do anything else unless I start deleting more merchants so I hope Brian or someone at ShareAsale will see to what I can't do now....

What I have done is found I can now delete merchants for good and wipe them completely out of my account so they don't even show up in my stats and most importantly the promotion datafeed. This can be done in the Activity Summary area.

but this has still not solved the problem, even though I got rid of all my "declined", "pending" and "Offline" merchants I can still not download all my good merchants promotions due to it been dominated by some merchants who insist that they leave old and very out dated promotions in the datafeed and I reach the 1001 limit due to it been maxed out by these dominant merchants.

I will list the merchants who are mainly responsible for overloading the datafeed with all their promotions and not leaving any room for other merchants (i had to zip it due to forum size restrictions up but its just a plain text file in it) - Please take a look at the file and you will see how I have reached my limit but I'm missing many of my merchants promotions due to what I wrote above. There are so many outdated promotions in the feed and many dating back to last January and I can't see the point of having those hanging around?

The merchants who are really dominating the feed are:

TheNerds.Net
    SuperGoodDeal.com (many old promotions)
    PC Micro Store (many old promotions)
    MontRED (many old promotions)
    Everything Furniture, Inc (many old promotions)
    CrazyforBargains.com (many old promotions)

I hope this is helpful and I have done all I can, please fix this up otherwise my only option is to start deleting merchants and that is the last thing I want to do.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually I have a bunch of new merchants I want to add as well but I can't now.

Why do I feel like I'm talking to myself on this thread! C'mon, what about some community support here folks, I won't bite.

I just want this to work properly, even if the allowed records I can download is increased to 2,000 or 3,000 then it could work for a temporary fix, Brian, How about that?

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    glinted,
    Why do I feel like I'm talking to myself on this thread
    You're not, thanks for posting this info.

Looking into Everything Furniture right now, be back with more info.

glinted, Login in as a merchant or affiliate I see the same current correct deals/coupons showing for EF and EOF.

Starts = 07/20/2006
    Ends = Never

10 - 20% discount on selected home furniture closeout specials
    http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=21...646&u=!!USERID!!
    Save 20% off any home furniture purchase of $5000 or more
    http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=497&m=7646&u=!!USERID!!
    Save 15% off any home furniture purchase of $2500 or more
    http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=495&m=7646&u=!!USERID!!
    Save 10% off any home furniture purchase of $1000 or more
    http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=494&m=7646&u=!!USERID!!
    Save 5% off any home furniture purchase of $500 or more
    http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=493&m=7646&u=!!USERID!!

Now, Build Database does show older dates and deals, etc for us and others too.

I was just getting ready to add some more Q4 coupons so glad you brought this up, so we, or sas, can fix before hand.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Jorge, I'm glad someone else understands what is going on and I appreciate that your helping.

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs up
    Great News! I have noticed there is now a new link to click where I can download only current promotions. It looks to be working perfectly as I now have 450 odd current promotions now instead of about 250 I was left after running my script to clean up old ones.

Thanks to whoever did this and to Jorge for getting onto it as well. I'm very happy now as I can now see all my merchants links showing up and I can now add new merchants when needed.

It definitely pays to ask and everyone wins in this situation now. Look forward to a good 4th quarter now...

Thanks to whoever did this and to Jorge for getting onto it as well
    You welcome buddy, but thanks to you for bringing it up, can't have Q4 without coupons,

but the thanks goes to Brian....

....as I see him reading here, then fixing.

Glad to know that all the hardwork put in by the managers and the affiliates will now bear fruit! All the best!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread