Server is too busy error in AE
    Hi David,

I've been a very satisfied user of the Associate Engine for several years but a couple months ago I started getting a message that says:

The server is too busy. Try again or click here for amazon.com

It happens when going directly into the store and also happens for the links I've placed throughout my website. It seems to happen at least half the time and I've noticed a considerable drop in my sales. (I would post a URL so you can see it but I notice there's a warning on here saying "Do NOT post Affiliate URLs or links - it is a violation of our policies!")

Over the past week I've started going in and changing the links so they'd go into a new "aStore" I created through the Amazon associates program. My intention was to just replace all of the AE links but now that I'm doing it I really don't like the aStore nearly as much and would like to find a solution for my problem so I can keep using Associate Engine.

Until just the other day my thinking was that there was a problem with the script or with the Amazon server, but then it occurred to me that maybe it's my own webserver that's too busy. I am on a shared server and have a pretty busy site... about 15 to 20 thousand page views a day and 10 GB of bandwidth. Would that be the problem? It's not happening with anything else on the site -- everything else is running just fine. A dedicated server will cost quite a bit more than I'm paying now so I'd like to be sure before I do it.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Richard H.

See:

"What optimizations can I do to speed up Associate Engine?"
    http://www.c3scripts.com/amazon/optimize

In the future, use the support form to let me know URL's.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread