Talking Dynamic Keyword Insertion on Landing Pages
    I haven't read much about this particular method yet (I do use it for the ads), and was curious as to how many might be implementing something like this on their landing pages, and whether there are any good tutorials out there?

There's a cgi script for that somewhere around ABW but I can't find it right now. I have a feeling it was in David Cusimano's section or in the CGI & PHP.

I've tried my own PHP version but found it slowed my pages a bit too much. It's something I'm definitely going to try again though. The results looked good when it worked ok.

I was using it because my live feed category pages would be updated so often, sometimes by the time a visitor landed there the product they wanted might have moved up or down a few pages. So what I'd do is grab their search phrase and have a small section on the page that ran it as a dynamic search (without the user having to search again on my site) which pulled in 2 or 3 of the most likely results but made it look like a normal part of the page and not some more search results.

The effect was the product they were actually looking for would now be on the landing page. But as I said, my method slowed the pages a bit too much for my liking. I'll just have to come up with a quicker version.

Ok, thanks Mark. I'm going to see if I can find that script you were talking about. Really curious as to how this will work out in the end.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread