Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    Thank You Haiko.....
    This post marks my 5000th post on ABestWeb.... wow.... and another ABW'er pinged me and said "how are you going to use your post #5000", which of course I hadn't noticed I was close to so hadn't thought about it....

Well... I've thought about it... so get comfy and be ready to read a long one.... Or just click the back button now

I've been here 4 years...

I've been bashed, smashed, started arguements, jumped into hot topics, thought I would be banned, watched others get banned, wondered why, watched and learned why.

Along the way I learned to respect some very wonderful people, I learned what a parasite is and why my sales for certain merchants tanked and suddenly revived when I redirected links and used afsrc=1

When I was an affiliate just learning... I asked... I answered.... I read... I hollered.... I read... I learned....

SandraR, Billy Kay, Haiko, Carolyn, Andy, ChetB, Chris, and many other AM's that have come and gone....

I went to Affiliate Summit in June 2005 (seems so long ago....) and I met some people in person that were already online friends and met new ones that I knew from ABW but hadn't chatted with....

Billy Kay, Danny K (Kautt), Andy, Brian, Steve M, Steve D, Todd C, Shawn, Missy, John G, "the GoCollect chicks"... others that we brought to ABW... others that never came over.... and I learned from all... some good, some bad...

Some are now my best friends in the world. Some are gone from ABW and from AM or have moved into other venues...

When I got my job at Cafepress.... the support I got from ABW blew me away.... it did.... I knew I was a knowledgable affiliate... I knew I could manage an affiliate program... I knew and loved CafePress.. I was involved in their affiliate program from the beginning... offering advice and support in their forums long before I was the manager....But would people accept me as an affiliate turned affiliate manager??? I knew CafePress needed a forum at ABW and that all would profit from it... I was right... I was able to send shopkeepers over to learn how to be "merchants" and how to be "affiliates" ... some shopkeepers have stayed and become valuable members of ABW... others ran off with their tail tucked between their legs because it was too much work... but its all ok, because I had a place to send them, I had a place to support them... I had a place to teach them, and for them to teach each other....

January 2006 seems like an eternity ago... met more people, Angel, Snib, Michael Coley, many more too numerous to mention... brought shopkeepers to Vegas where they met the ABW crowd.... Danny K, Billy Kay, Jgoode, Matt, Adam (buy-tees) all the way from England....... solidified more friendships offline... sent more people to ABW.... talked to lurkers... again and again and again... "I read but I don't post, I learn from you!"

February, smaller group in LA, Snib, missdonna, Billy Kay, Addhandler, REXANNE... awesome 2 weekends... but the second was tainted with worry... and people didn't care that I was on my cell phone with a hospital 3000 miles away and that I got up in the middle of conversations and that I was on the phone for hours trying to get a flight back east... I didn't... it didn't work that way....

Then in March.... the worst day of my life followed 2 days later by almost the next worst day of my life... my son died, my best friend had a heart attack... I had to go back east... one long time family friend took care of me getting home, ABW'ers paid for the trip... they talked to me for hours on the phone... they kept me from going under... they showed up at the wake and the funeral... they sent cards and flowers... they made sure I got to where I wanted to be to recover... they paid for me to be there... through the following months they helped me heal.... Several ABW'ers talked me through the worst months of my life... I had been here before, a son died in a car accident in 2002, on Mother's Day... people wonder why I hate it... I told people, help me stay sane... and they did.... and they still are....

I went to summit in Orlando and met a new crew of new best friends... Angel knew how much I needed hugs, Donuts and Scooter caught on fast, as did Carolyn and others. My CafePress crew became known as the "Loxly Posse" and I again realized what I was best at...JGoode is a CafePress/ABW cross over that I can't live without... and I got phone calls from ABW'ers that weren't there that knew I would be having panic attacks... they told me I sounded much better. The music each night by Brian and Scooter and Chuck and Angel and other annonymous singers helped me come back to life.... the Airboat ride made me feel alive again... the gesture of inclusion made me come back to life... the unspoken acceptance of who and what I am and represent.

Then this summer I knew it was time for a change... maybe because Chris died, maybe because I am not meant to work in an office. I made one offhand comment and within hours an ABW'er made a job recommendation for me. And I needed to leave California. Minutes after I decided to move to Las Vegas an ABW'er was showing me sites to go look for apartments at, and telling me what neighborhoods to stay away from. A few hours later another ABW'er sent me the name of a friend to call, that friend knew a realtor, that realtor had a house for me. An ABW'er had a car I could buy...

And I am getting the same support in my new job, no matter how hesitant people are about the type of network I have choosen to work for and now believe in... And the OPM side of the new company is growing thanks to all of you...

I get asked what the ROI is on having a forum here... You can't put a price on family....

Thank you Haiko for creating a place where a family could gather and grow and learn to love and teach and learn and support each other.... Thank You Haiko for being family... Thank you for not giving up on me when I was a stubborn newbie, thank you for not giving up on me when I did seemingly stupid things... thank you Haiko for being a rock and a teacher and a mentor and a friend.

And thank you to the ABW'ers that have taken me into their homes and into their hearts and let me become a part of their family. We need each other, I need to be needed...

(I said at the top of this that it would be long!!! And since no one is online to tell me to chop it shorter.... it's getting posted as is )

Congrats on your 5,000th post
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Congratulations Lox
    Wow - talk about gabby!!!

Deb - As you know - I enjoy and appreciate your posts. You are one of my favorite reasons to be here - so congratulations for your longevity, your insights, comraderie and never ending willingness to help and share. You are a valued asset to this forum.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Loxly,

Glad to have met you here, and for our friendship.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thumbs up
    you done good

Great Milestone Lox..

Big Congrats. Onward to 10K.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    big hearts are prone to long speeches and this family will always lend an ear to what you say especially when said so well
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Thank You Haiko.....

This post marks my 5000th post on ABestWeb.... wow.... and another ABW'er pinged me and said "how are you going to use your post #5000", which of course I hadn't noticed I was close to so hadn't thought about it....
    Well, I am not Haiko, but I am a Capricorn too.

So congratulations on making your post #5000 and start working on the other 5000.

Now, that "and another ABW'er pinged me" sound bad in Espaol.

I've been here 4 years...
    I didn't knew that you was one year older than me!

(I said at the top of this that it would be long!!! And since no one is online to tell me to chop it shorter.... it's getting posted as is )
    Your post have 6554 characters in total, but when I started reading it, I thought it was one of those old, Mike and Charlie long post.

I've been bashed, smashed, started arguements, jumped into hot topics, thought I would be banned, watched others get banned, wondered why, watched and learned why.
    Maybe because only the strong survive , and you have proven to have what it takes to make it on this business, over and over again. I remember you since 03 and I know that you Have Come A Long Way, Loxly. (I was going to qoute the (Baby) part, but I am afraid of getting by you.

Ok, wating for your #5555 post before 2007.

Sal.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    WOW Lox.

6 months ago I did not even know ABW existed
    3 months ago I did not think it was worth my "precious time"
    1 month ago I met a lot of cool people and began to realize this was a pretty happenin' place (really did I just happenin' place)
    1 week ago I got my butt kicked by Lox in poker online

How time flies!

Congrats Lox!!!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Deb,

You are strong and inspirational. I haven't been where you have been but as you know, I have been in some rough spots myself, and you can never ever have too many friends in those situations. Bless all those who help others. Keep up all the wonderful work you do here. Can't wait to see you again soon!
    KK

Forgot to say...

I second the title of this post. Haiko...you have no idea how much help you have been to me in such a short time.

For your time, for this forum, for everything...Thank You!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'll waite for the cliff notes version of that post

http and a telephoto
    Thanks everyone!!!

Matt... It's only been a month? wow...
    Billy... I didn't expect YOU to read the whole thing... lol

Cliff Notes version:
    Thank you Haiko for creating a place where a family could gather and grow and learn to love and teach and learn and support each other.... Thank You Haiko for being family... Thank you for not giving up on me when I was a stubborn newbie, thank you for not giving up on me when I did seemingly stupid things... thank you Haiko for being a rock and a teacher and a mentor and a friend.

And thank you to the ABW'ers that have taken me into their homes and into their hearts and let me become a part of their family.

Everybody feel free to add your thanks to Haiko also, I wouldn't have a place to write 5000 posts if he didn't supply the venue.... and wouldn't have the life and friends that I have...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    congratz loxly...

look FWd to your 5000 mile market & "editing my post"

way to go..

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Deb,

You have been a great friend to many - you deserve all the love and support you get, both personally and in business. You SHINE!

And yeah, thank you Haiko for ABW - this place is definitely "happenin" Matt and Mr. Sal, if I wasn't strong, I wouldn't have survived my initial ABW spankings and would have left in a huff had I not been coddled by an ABWer who took the time to explain wtf the deal here was. You know who you are ... thanks. :-)

There are so many of you who I consider "friends" and the ones I've actually met in person I absolutely consider friends. You are the same awesome people in the flesh as you are on this forum.

Those who embrace the ABW culture and hang tough are lucky. We're all lucky to have this forum and another cheer for Haiko who's energy created the environment we've all come to love and feel so comfortable in.

Oh and btw - congrats on your #5000 Deb! LOL - ABW wouldn't be the same without you!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    ABW wouldn't be the same without you!
    It might be quieter..
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Matt... It's only been a month? wow...
    6 weeks actually...see time DOES fly!
    Matt McWilliams

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    xox, momma! we just give back what you dish out...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Deb, we all love you sweetheart!! As you climb that mountain that is life remember that you take along the people you touched. You uplift us all!!

Keep up the good vibes and enjoy your new digs in Vegas.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Congrats on that 5000 milestone and I'm sure all here read the other 5000 posts too. Haiko created a community and it still trives because of member involvement. I read every word you wrote and was moved by the support this ABWers so gladly gave in your time of need. That's community! All who helped should take a bow!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Haiko's great. It cretainly is a blessing to know you and have you here, Debbie!

Congratulations on the 5000th one!!

Geno

Congrats on #5,000 Deb! You're one of the members that make this place work.

I can't thank Haiko enough for all he's done for me. I truly believe that if it wasn't for Haiko and ABW, I would't be where I am today.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

!!!!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Great post Loxly, and congrats on #5k!

And thanks Haiko! I'd be miles behind without this forum!

Beautiful Post.....i think i'm going to cry..ok maybe not but congrats on the 5k ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast