Gossamer Links Alternatives
    Hi folks, seems their is quite a few people using this program, what alternatives are their to this, as gossamer only allows you to have it on 1 domain per licence

http and a telephoto
    It's worth the price. You can find lots of similar software on Sourceforge.net or hotscripts, but the bottom line is none do what GT does...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

k thanks

esyndicat.com has a decent program and one with unlimited domain license ($149 for unlimited I believe). I have used both (actually many), and esyndicat works well.

Gossamer is good, but not perfect itself (especially the price and domain limits) and there are many new offerings that can do just as well.

http and a telephoto
    If they have easy ways to upload datafeeds, I'm listening....
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    esyndicat.com has a decent program and one with unlimited domain license ($149 for unlimited I believe). I have used both (actually many), and esyndicat works well.

Gossamer is good, but not perfect itself (especially the price and domain limits) and there are many new offerings that can do just as well.

yeah tell us more.. as I dont like the domain limitations on gossamer it seems to many people want to limit affiliates lol.. maybe im just insane

I notice esyndicat offers templates one click.. does Gossammer offer that?

thing is it would be nice to see someone take esyndicat and show how to add datafeeds and coupons to it

http and a telephoto
    The domain limitations on Gossamer have nothing to do with affiliate marketing, a small percentage of people use it for affiliate links. The datafeed capabilities were developed by third parties. It is very powerful software and has been around for many years. It has many social networking and community type features built in, but they are not obvious.
    Deborah Carney

I see Sandra has a datafeed tutorial,its like $1200 anyone think its worth taking. I mean that includes gossammer which is $450 so in realty the tutorial is lie 750 bucks

i think my only concernis that you can only use it on 1 domain

and that google is anal about datafeed sites.. anyway any thoughts? anyone taken the course?

Andy at ultranerds has a plugin for gossamer links. http://www.ultranerds.com/Products/P...ta_Import_L52/.

Personally I love Gossamer threads as you can modify the code to do anything you want. If i was a newbie i would focus on gossamer threads instead of spending over 13,000 on my own custom platform, which i made this mistake

Yeah i agree but what im referring to is a tutorial i found by sandra which for like $1300 you buy the gossammer links and plugins but also get tutorial aswell

I personally wouldn't spend the money on the tutorial - the program itself is pretty easy to figure out with some minor help from others when necessary. They do have a forum to ask any questions you may come across.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

The esyndicat team seems willing to customize solutions, and based upon my experience with the program a datafeed solution would not be hard to do. It would also be a lot cheaper than gossamer.

Don't get me wrong. I have gossamer links on one site, but nowadays when you use many different sites the basic cost alone is enough to kill any expansion. So I had to look around for a solution.

There were a couple of link script pricings that were appealing. NiceCoder.com offers IndexU. They have an unlimited domain pricing for $499. I already had tried this one, and while it's decent it didn't fit my needs.

I ran across esyndicat and it seems to be equal to Indexu (all have SEO friendly URLs) but had the template system which means you could make the sites LOOK different with just a simple drop down. It also has modules, etc.

I am gonna look into GT's datafeed option and perhaps have it coded for esyndicat if another option doesn't already exist.

http and a telephoto
    GT has price breaks for multiple domains... but it is still expensive. Personally I felt it worth it to purchase multiple licenses, they have all paid for themselves many times over...
    Deborah Carney

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread