More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Walmart Worth Joining?
    I hear a lot about non-commissionables due to the 3-day cookie expiring. Is this resulting in a high proportion of lost sales?

Also, I see if the person pays for the items at Walmart, there is no commission. So I am thinking if one opts for the item to be delivered to a local store, they also may pay at the local store. Does this happen?

They might reject the application anyway. The last time I applied 3+ years back I was not accepted.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Internet Cowboy
    I do OK with Wal Mart. My biggest gripe with them is that they are chronically a few months behind in payment but they are getting better.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know how others do it, but mine are about 99% non-commissionable, past the return days. And others I know have had the same experience.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    The only sales I see from Walmart are non-commisionable - I gave up.
    Last edited by Rexanne; October 7th, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

One of my top merchants. Payments have improved substantially in the past couple months. Non-commish sales do show up, but they aren't a huge problem here. It would be nice if they increased the cookie window to at least one week.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

amazing how people dont go directly to walmart but they go through another site.. wonders of affiliate marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    there was a thread going 1-2 weeks ago

somebody suggested target.com as they carry a good selection (not as wide as walmart) but more commissionable items

ABW Ambassador
    I do fine with Walmart. Try them out, see how you do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    there was a thread going 1-2 weeks ago

somebody suggested target.com as they carry a good selection (not as wide as walmart) but more commissionable items
    I believe just about everything is commissionable with Walmart. The only problem with non-commissionable sales is that the cookie window is too short.

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    Target is still only 7 days, but even with a certain percentage of non-commissionable sales (not very many either), there's still a very nice number of sales for the number of clicks and decent earnings.

Walmart is 3 return days. With highly targeted product pages and traffic for specifics - do the math, with only 1 sale out of them not non-commissionable, all the rest non-commish. Rough numbers, how does $600 in sales with earnings of $3.00 for the month grab you?

ABW Ambassador
    "Rough numbers, how does $600 in sales with earnings of $3.00 for the month grab you?"

How's that work? that one half of one percent.

ABW Ambassador
    How's that work? that one half of one percent.
    Exactly. It was actually $2.92 for the month, to be more precise.

So is 1/2 of 1% worth doing Walmart for?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not sure how you got that from $600 in sales. I've never seen that. Walmart pays 5% - 12%.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I'm not sure how you got that from $600 in sales. I've never seen that. Walmart pays 5% - 12%.
    I believe she's adding her non-commish sales to her regular sales to get the $600.

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    I believe she's adding her non-commish sales to her regular sales to get the $600.
    Exactly. That's how much they got in sales for the month, and $2.92 is what I'll be getting for the month.

All non-commissionable, past the return days as the reason. Only 1 sale wasn't, and that's all I got credit to be paid for.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Thanks for all the replies. Upon investigating Walmart and Target further I found that:

Walmart offers shipping to store and requires online payment, so a sale would not be lost provided purchase is made within 3 days. Target does not seem to offer this option. So the shipping to store would be a plus for Walmart.

Target has the longer cookie. Plus for Target.

Walmart offers a little bigger selection. Sporting goods for example. Plus for Walmart.

Actually, this is for a site for the widow of my best friend that passed on. I personally am not into the wide-appeal big box marts but rather the niche merchants.

Anybody here promote both?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Anybody here promote both?
    I promote both for the same site and type of products, so that's how I can compare figures with both of them being on equal footing.

For the same product line Walmart has a bit of a bigger selection (for the same specific item type), but if they get the sale and the customer gets the products and I get nothing except a non-commissionable sale, to continue to work for nothing makes me either a fool or a masochist.

I'm a little confused, does Walmart pay commission on in store pick up or not?

I came within an inch of promoting them recently, but there was a specific product I was interested in promoting, and though they carry it in the stores, they don't offer it online. I find that really annoying...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I promote both in a particular niche, but Target has some serious problems with their datafeed. Due to the lack of most category information I can only use a very small % of their products, so this hinders sales substantially. Walmart has a much nicer datafeed that's separated out into it's own file. They do really well because of this. Target has always had problems with their datafeed, so I'm very limited there.

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    "Anybody here promote both?"

Yes, both to ok for me, Walmart a little better. But experiences can vary. I'm sure Target is doing better for some, while Walmart is doing better for others.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Target conversion blows away Walmart conversion for us

My problem with Target is that their media e.g. (DVD, CD, books) sales are through Amazon and you don't get commissions. (or at least you didn't last time I checked)

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread