ABW Ambassador
    Google Fluctuations?
    I've had a term that has been ranked 1 for months. Today I noticed that it isn't even in the top 100 which wasn't a good feeling, but then I refreshed my browser and it was back to 1 again. I refreshed again and it wasn't there. It seems like every 3 or 4 times my site doesn't show up in the top listings, but then the other times it's number 1.

All google datacenters are showing my site as number 1.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks.

http and a telephoto
    Some people are telling me their page ranks are dancing the past day or so also....

(someone crank up the dance music...)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

15 years and counting
    Hip - All google datacenters are showing my site as number 1.
    I'm not sure we can say we know ALL google datacenters.

ABW Ambassador
    True. Just the ones that show up in the google watch for data centers. I sure hope this doesn't mean I'm going to lose my ranking. I've grown rather fond of it.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I was checking the number of leads we get from our natural listings on Google this week and they are all over the place...one day we are high for auto insurance, the next for homeowners insurance. I have not checked our rankings but thought this was interesting and could not explain it until now.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

15 years and counting
    I've saw the same phenomena before. It all depends of the value of the datacenter not showing your site. I miss the good old days of the "Happy Google Dance". Now, everything is rather erratic. Changes are happening at each refresh of your brwowser.

that is typical. when google changes there alogorithms or does an update or something, a lot of people feel it with traffic loss. it will come back.

I have noticed that too. Sometimes my site won't appear and after a refresh it's there. Sometimes it's gone for a day, but I'm still getting traffic for that phrase, so it's obvious it's only gone for me. Probably just Google trying to offer a better variety of results.

Anyway, how about those motorcycles Kip? I just heard a roar of them cruise by down the street.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    We went out yesterday to the Spa and then went downtown. There were bikers everywhere. It was really fun. Some of those bikes were amazing. I'm sure some of them cost more than my house. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    We went out yesterday to the Spa and then went downtown. There were bikers everywhere. It was really fun. Some of those bikes were amazing. I'm sure some of them cost more than my house. lol!
    We took a trip down the strip last night as well, wow what a lot of bikes!! After watching American Chopper for a while I've learned a thing or two about appreciating them. Just not too many choppers around as I'd expect - mostly Harley's. Sure are noisy! Could hear them past midnight last night.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    I've had a term that has been ranked 1 for months. Today I noticed that it isn't even in the top 100 which wasn't a good feeling, but then I refreshed my browser and it was back to 1 again. I refreshed again and it wasn't there. It seems like every 3 or 4 times my site doesn't show up in the top listings, but then the other times it's number 1.
    Did you check in different computers?

My Rank Got Tanked!
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Some people are telling me their page ranks are dancing the past day or so also....

(someone crank up the dance music...)
    I lost my page rank all together several days ago. Then it came back, and now it has been gone for the past 3 days or so. My PR3 site went to zero, and I have no clue why. No link farms, no tricks, just basic HTML, a touch of script, and 10 times more solid backlinks than before.
    Last edited by Airstrip; October 14th, 2006 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Grammer
    The best things in life are not things at all...

My Daddy always told me never to flucuate my google. It's just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    I lost my page rank all together several days ago. Then it came back, and now it has been gone for the past 3 days or so. My PR3 site went to zero, and I have no clue why. No link farms, no tricks, just basic HTML, a touch of script, and 10 times more solid backlinks than before.
    It will come back!!! :-)

Now You See Me Now You Don't
    Quote Originally Posted by bright-eyed
    It will come back!!! :-)
    Thanks for your optimism. In fact it did come back yesterday, but today it is gone again! LOL!! The worse part about it is trying to get links when you have no rating.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

if you follow the Matt Cutts blog regarding google you'll find there have been some changes at the datacenters regarding this and that whatever they've done hasn't rolled out across all of them yet.

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    Thanks for your optimism. In fact it did come back yesterday, but today it is gone again! LOL!! The worse part about it is trying to get links when you have no rating.
    Again, it will come back. Especially as it sounds like you are doing nothing black hat to trick engines or anything. Whenever they go through a new codings and all that secret stuff, lots of people report the same thing. Then it comes back.

That's Google for ya.. Don't let others judge your site by it's rank when trading links. If they have a good eye, they will know if it's worth it to link to ya.

Is The Stomper Program Any good?
    Hi. I was looking at the stomper website and was impressed. But the example they use myweddingfavors.com I went to Google and could not find this ranked anywhere for wedding favors. In the video it shows it is ranked no 4. I am very skeptical to buy this expensive course now. How will it work for me if it does not even work for a showcase website? Any suggestions...

If you have $700 to give Stomper every single month, then you must have some spending money. I'd definitely look around first...

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread