My first datafeed - does it look ok?
    Hello,

We are a relatively new merchant - Hydrapak, Inc. - that has been selling through the Shareasale platform for about one year (we are a manufacturer of hydration backpacks). Our affiliates are starting to make some good sales through our program and have requested that we create a datafeed.

I am still relatively new to datafeeds - does this datafeed (in Excel, but will be posted in a standard db file) look ok? If not, let me know what to add/delete/etc.

Hydrapak's Hydration Pack Datafeed

Also, is it enough to post our datafeed only on Shareasale or should we also use a group like GoldenCan or similar?

Thanks everyone. If you have any questions about our program, just let me know, my name is Brandon Small and can be reached at brandon at hydrapak dot com.

Regards,
    Brandon

Maybe I missed it, but there doesn't seem to be any unique identifier. And what does the expiration date represent?
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Thanks - yes we do have IDs for these products - I forgot.

Is it also important to have UPC numbers?

The expiration date is when we will update these products are no longer what we are selling online - we'll have our 2007 range up by then.

1. XLS is fine for now. But make sure you publish it in CSV eventually.

2. Get rid of the information that is the same for every row. Credit cards you accept, tax rates, Your company name, etc. The data feed should be about your products not about your store.

p
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

http and a telephoto
    GoldenCan works with SAS feeds nicely, so once you post it in SAS they can get it. You can work a deal so it is free for affiliates, or let it run as a "4th click" feed.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you.

So, on the info that is repeated - just populate the first row and leave the others? Or, completely take out the column?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Loxly,

Is it worth paying for the GoldenCan "non 4th click" option? I am reading that many affiliates steer clear of that.

Our volume isn't that high. Maybe for us as a merchant it is a function of cost/volume?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Take it out altogether and put it on an info page on your site for affiliates.

However most of it is irrelevant. I've never heard of an affiliate site putting any of that information up and available. It is nice to know, bot not pertinent to product information.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

You need to have your own UNIQUE SKU in the data feed.
    Have you applied for UPC numbers? I think you are your own manufacturer right?
    Yes, UPC is very important, unless you are the only person selling your own product.

Read this posting at I have created about how to create a good datafeed file.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77901

Looks like a Google Base (Froogle) feed.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by bsmall99
    Loxly,

Is it worth paying for the GoldenCan "non 4th click" option? I am reading that many affiliates steer clear of that.
    It depends. Some affiliates will stay clear, but others still use it. I didn't look at your feed to see how big it is. Many affiliates may be just as happy using the Shareasale Make a Page feature IF your products are stable and easily searched to make targeted pages. If you have high turn over that requires constant monitoring and updates, then you will want to have GoldenCan offering the javascript version so your affiliates don't have to keep updating their sites (they won't want to do frequent manual updates!)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Everyone, I've got a new version online.
    Thanks.

I've upgraded the datafeed using comments from just about everyone on this thread.

I created an affiliate page on our website:
    Hydrapak Affiliate Sales Page

I offer two versions of .html download. However, what is the best way to disseminate FTP info? Is there a way to post it without spammers finding out about it?

I am also going to post the datafeed on ShareASale.

Thanks everyone,
    Brandon Small

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread