Internet Cowboy
    Site5 Hosting overcharged me 400%
    So I signed up for a program for two years at $149. A few minutes later they send me an invoice for $598.80
    I log on to my credit card account and see a pending charge for $598.80
    I call them, no answer. I email them, no answer. I post on their forum and am told that there was a credit posted on the invoice...nope, not that either
    Then I am told I have to email their billing department (the same one that has yet to respond to the $450 error) to cancel...yeah right!!
    This is exactly why consumers can dispute credit card charges.
    Are you promoting Site5? Thinking of hosting with them? You might want to reconsider.

Thanks for the laugh, UncleScooter! Just 2 weeks ago I tried to signup with their hosting program. It took them 3 days to figure out that I typed in the wrong credit card number. When they finally responded, I decided that customer service was too slow to do business. After reading your post I'm kind of glad that happened.

definitely a case of "you get what you pay for" over there (or in your case scooter, "you get what you thought you paid")

Service is super-slow, and there's no phone support. I bet your forum post was deleted too.

And if you get yourself on the wrong shared server, you're in for some downtime as well. For a while, my server would become unresponsive every few days. Support interactions on those were fun....

me: My server is down.
    me (an hour later): please, my server is down.
    90 minutes later, server would come back.
    site5 support (3 or 4 hours later): the server is fine.

Sometimes they'd admit that some user was bringing the server down and that they'd be dealt with appropriately.

ick, just another reason to go with a reputable dedicated hosting service.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm always wary of signing up for more than month-to-month for hosting. Although I have a couple of mini-sites hosted on ultra cheap yearly packages.

I had hosting from Site5 Years ago - at least 5 years ago - they were good back then. I only left because I got my own server actually.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Site5 Hosting overcharged me 400%
    Perhaps renaming themselves Site5TimesAsMuch would work...

Scoot, don't you know where to purchase your hosting?!

Geno

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Perhaps renaming themselves Site5TimesAsMuch would work...
    Actually "Site4X" would be the ticket!! Sorry to hear that one Scooter. They probably heard you sing in the AGW video and assessed the appropriate restitution!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

mixed feelings on site5, I find their tech support is a joke and they make excuses all the time, give no notice of sites going down.

I only ever go with 1 month at a time hosting plans, so I can bail out if i need too

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    ... I bet your forum post was deleted too....
    This is the biggest joke of a hosting company that I have ever seen. Racial slurs and all right there on the web for all to see...until they got scared and deleted the thread. I have screenshots and .wmv files though

They will soon have some 'splaining to do to the state of California among others. I hope they drag their feet on the refund. If they even post the full charge to my card that constitures fraud since they knew it was an error and pushed it through anyway when they fixed the other ones. I HOPE they do that.

Internet Cowboy
    Update...
    I awoke this morning to find that they have now charged me the $149 and have not credited the $598.80. This will earn them a complaint with Robert Kochly, the Contra Costa County District Attorney as well as the California State Attorney General's Office.

This company apparently has no sense of right and wrong.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Thanks for the update. I will stay clear of this shared hosting.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

For a second there, I thought you were filing a complain with the "Cosa Nostra"... I'm sure that'll get their attention quickly..

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    For a second there, I thought you were filing a complain with the "Cosa Nostra"...

Contra Costa Nostra!

Geno

I used to have an account with them, but support was terrible. Not only did it take a long time for them to get back to me, but usually when I got an "answer" it wasn't exactly helpful.

ABW Ambassador
    I've been with Site5 for quite some time now and have had good service. I never
    purchase more than one month at a time, and have never had any problems yet so
    have not had to use their customer service. Maybe I just got on one of their good
    shared servers. I've used several webhosts since 1999 though, and have been with
    Site5 for a couple of years now, actually the best host I have ever had.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread