Phone Order Tracking Scripts
    I've heard that SAS (or maybe it was CJ, I forget) has a nice script for tracking phone orders. (put up a phone tracking number that customers tell to a phone operator so affiliates get credit for their sales)

However, my company uses Linkshare, so does anyone know of a way to do the phone tracking numbers in other networks?

Thanks!

--Jason
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

You should probably contact LS to find out what will work with their system. I would think they already have some merchants using phone tracking.

Wow - great Merchant Jason.

I took me years to feel good about an official company arrangement for phone order tracking that could be announced to affiliates. Being a phone-room veteran it was almost embarassing. Especially with an indy :-)

Eventually, we got it locked in by displaying the tracking code directly beneath the 800-number. So, when the operator asked for a number at the begining of the call customers knew right where to go becuase it probably made them curious what that is anyway.

-Not knowing Linkshare tracking is there any number, unique to the affiliate, they use in the intial landing URL?

- If they do, can you import that to a field in your internal order processing database like other marketing references are? Preferably in the same place.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Ditto to what Danny advised. We lock in the unique tracking code immediately under the toll free telephone number to enable both the caller and our call center operator to immediately identify the source. That is the ONLY way to best insure that a phone order is accurately credited to the affiliate.

Best Of Luck
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I'll have to check into that. It would be nice to do it totally on our side if possible.

Right now, we don't actually take orders over the phone, we just help people register themselves, so affiliates still get the sale. But we are thinking of changing that, so we want to see what the options are.

--Jason
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

For top affiliates, you can also offer them their own toll-free number.

As an affiliate, I enjoy being able to display a personal toll-free without extra codes, etc. I think it adds a lot of credibility and customer confidence and from what I remember as an AM, they weren't too expensive to hand out either. They were a bit of a hassle to manage though, so not for every program...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread