Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Someone posted this site on another thread and I enjoyed it, thought y'all might like it. You type in your real name, it gives you back your Rock Star/Country Star/Alternative Star/etc name.

What's Your Rock Star Name?

It asks for your e-mail address, but you can put a fake one in and it returns a name for you.

And also, you might note, this type of fun page is a great way to build traffic on sites, quick and fun (I'm sure many would also put their real e-mail addy in, too).

Oh, and my name?

I'm Johnny Too Bad, babeeee.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and think about this.....any of us could create a similar page that would generate traffic/leads......

automotive sites could create 'What's Your Race Car Driver Name'

Joke sites could create 'What's your Clown Name'

On my site, I could create, 'What's your Cowboy Name'

And for writing sites, 'What's your Pen Name'

Sports Humor - 'What's Your Wrestling Name'
    Movie/Video Stores - 'What's Your Acting Name'

This type of promotion, which would spread by word of mouth, is a great way to build traffic.

I'm Crissy Strat, which is totally poseur, considering that I can't play guitar for sh*t.

Actually, my boyfriend already had a rock star name - east coasters who were into '80s hair bands might remember him as Brian Damage of the band Kix. He's the guitarist in the family.

Think I'll stick to writing and web pages. ;-)

What kind of writing, Janiss?

I write about a number of different subjects. I started off back in 1987 as a rock journalist and was senior editor for a national music mag for several years (it folded in 1997). Then I branched out to fitness writing and writing about silent and vintage film. For the past three years, a good portion of my income has, believe it or not, come from my vintage film writing! I like to tell people I make money writing about the Three Stooges (and I have), but of course there's much more to it than that. Unfortunately, that particular long-term gig is slowing way down (I'm running out of research and vintage films to write about), so I'm hoping this affiliate thing will start moving to pick up some of the slack. Once I finish optimizing some of my web pages (my big project this week), I was also thinking of setting up a site offering my services as a writer/editor for affiliate webmasters and merchants - they know how to sell, I know about grammar, quality writing and the importance of keywords. I think there's a need for that out there... but you guys tell me!

Anyhow, um, that's my resume in a nutshell! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Janiss,
    LOL...Small World. I think I may have interviewed your boyfriend several years ago [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

That's right, you're from D.C.! What publication? He probably would remember, especially if he actually said anything (he usually let Steve and Ronnie do most of the talking and would just interject something now and again - unless you happened to get him talking about guitars).

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Joke sites could create 'What's your Clown Name'
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I want to know my clown name all I need to do is talk to my wife. I won't even have to ask her.

ABW Ambassador
    LOL....Janiss, It was at a radio station I was with at the time....The station went through several changes while I was there...at the time it was either Rock 103 or WXYV 'The Underground'...heavy metal, all the time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

lol, I'm Cloudy Downs.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Your new Electronic name is
    Michael Korgstein

Google says:
    Your original search: Michael Korgstein returned zero results.
    The alternate spelling: Michael Kirstein returned the results below.

:confused:

HackSaw Kutson is my rock star name. I guess I should dust of the guitar and learn "Jailhouse Rock". :cool: Back in the 80's I could have used that name when I was designing prisons. :rolleyes:

Viv Valdy

Hey, I just got out the old Takamine last week and bought the kids a little kiddie Alberto Manchini guitar and a nice bongo drum (the oldest and I already play soprano recorder duets together)... this could really work! With the web cam, the microphone, and ADSL, we could be in business! Cool, Viv Valdy and the Valdettes making your head hurt...

back to earth.
    Janiss, it could be a good niche. Although in general I think that webmasters are a hard sell for anything. They are the new breed of "do-it-yourself"-ers, and usually tend to control oriented types. Almost anything that needs to be done to run a site the webmaster wants to eventually have under their belt.

However, that said, there is the time factor. Like washing my floors, there are just times I'd rather pay for someone else to write so I can get the site put together already!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

my metal name is: bruce dickinson
    classical name is: andrea bocelli

and yes I didnt like the names given to me so I wrote them up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] although I can name a dozen more :cool:

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Adam,

The "Korgstein" variation incorporates the name "Korg"--a musical keyboard company (Korg may have other stuff too but the product I know of is their keyboards). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Apparently they (MP3) didn't want to use the real name for some reason and thought that they could come recognizeably close this way--and send "winks" to the musicians out there with the reference to Korg.

As for me, my Country name is Pearl Haggard. Not too bad...

One of the funnier country names: Travis Spitt

Bunny Trailer !!!! :eek: :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    MJ, hopefully you and Elbowcreek don't decide to get married and put out an album...your name (w/hyphen)
    Bunny Trailer-Spitt

How 'bout havin thems as neighbors.

Hey Tom,
    Brian doesn't remember for sure whether you interviewed him, but he says that after a while they just sent him and Steve together to do the interviews, so most likely.

BTW, these days he's currently working with several different bands - his favorite sounds like country rock with a double shot of power - maybe I should go back to that site and pick out a new country name for him! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Actually, I noticed the link was right below the reply I was writing, so I went over and got one for him - it's Slumpy Sonny Jenkins! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Can't wait to tell him that!

ABW Ambassador
    LOL...there are probably a lot of folks who don't remember being interviewed in those days...we had some big names come through...One of my most memorable moments was when Dave Mustaine wrote on our bathroom wall 'Megadeath sh!t here'

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BTW, these days he's currently working with several different bands - his favorite sounds like country rock with a double shot of power - maybe I should go back to that site and pick out a new country name for him! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be interested in checking out his music...see about some airplay...PM me with details if interested.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread