OutdoorSuperstore bounces around networks at whim
    Something I posted in 2004 in LS forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Just a heads up for those of you with OutdoorSuperstore.com. They were discontinued a few days ago at LinkShare. I've been in email discussions with the president over the last couple of weeks regarding this and it seems they just did not make enough money to justify the cost at LS (as you may recall, they left CJ about 8 months ago - possibly for the same reason). Last I heard they were looking at something internally, but they evidently dropped the ball by letting their LS account expire before implementing the new program.

Frankly, I'm through with them. They had their chance and they screwed up. I have thousands of dead links at my site!!!

One note, however. The Affiliate Manager there was Sok Verdey and I have nothing but praise for him. Serveral weeks prior to OS dropping their affiliate program I worked very closely with him developing a dedicated site for OutdoorSuperstore products. He bent over backwards getting their datafeed up to date, designing site specific art work for me and recommending content. Due to the closure of their affiliate program, Sok has moved on to another program and I will let him announce that later. I wish all AM's had his enthusiasm and dedication. OutdoorSuperstore did not realize what an asset they had with him.
    An old post I know, but worth revisiting. OutdoorSuperstore just joined CJ....Again. This company was at CJ once before, then dropped them for Linkshare requiring all affliates to change links. Then they dropped LS and had no program for several months. Then they started an affilaite program again (but I can't recall where) and now are back at CJ again.

I just wanted to post this to warn affiliates that this company bounces around different networks at the drop of a hat with little to no regard for the work or problems this requires of affiliates.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Talking
    looks like not a lot of prep before the move back to CJ: only 15 graphics and no product links.

at least I don't see a link to freeshipping.com on the main page. yet.

And a pretty plain and ulgly store too.
    Little to none in product descriptions
    No eye catching promotional visual
    Leak to Ebay Store
    Coming Soon areas...

These folks are not ready for prime time.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Yes, very little has changed over the last few years.

Does anyone recall who they were with after LinkShare?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    These guys were a real piece of work. I too just saw they were back, I'll pass, thank you very much. Unless their AM comes here and says that things have changed, we love affiliates, we offer a great datafeed, nice tiered commission structure, parasite free, show me the money kind of stuff

My understanding from when they were at LS is they were not making money so they just up and dropped the program and the AM without notice. Regardless of a new AM, it's the president of the company who is clueless about how to recruit and retain affiliates. I'm actually shocked he tried this again.

I guess the big question is, did everyone get paid each time they dropped programs along the way. That would be a real indicator of their character.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Looks like Pepperjam is running their program now and they seem to like CJ as all their new programs get launched there. They have even convinced at least one other merchant SpaLook to make the switch.

Online Marketing Consultant
    I met the director and some other people from pepperjam at CJU. They are pretty nice people and seem to have their heads on straight. The program might go smoother now that pepperjam is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    I met the director and some other people from pepperjam at CJU. They are pretty nice people and seem to have their heads on straight. The program might go smoother now that pepperjam is involved.
    This may be true, but remember, no matter who is coordinating the affilaate side of it and how nice or good they are, the owner of the company has in the past just pulled the rug out on us affilaites. Do you really want to spend hours building sites and links for a company that has shown a record of jumping networks and pulling out completely with no program for several months?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread